Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Battle Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by koper, Nov 22, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Side_One

Side_One Senior Member

In my opinion, as long as the piece fits well with the character it gives that extra punch/feel. Last time I checked, there weren't any rules stating that biting characters that already existed from cartoons/movies would make the artist look bad. Unless you're biting off someone who made their own unique character than I see what you mean.

I see some artists tweak their characters, but in the end they still need that reference photo to structure it. I don't know what to tell you, but you just opened a new can of worms!!

2. Alephantone

Alephantone Senior Member

I’ve straight up bit off people before, got called out, and you never really live it down unless they are cool about it. However on popular characters like Mickey Mouse or Hulk, I don’t see any problem with making your own version of the character, so long as you don’t try to sell it on a t shirt. Haha. The piece you are making looks insanely dope and I’m gonna print it out on sticker paper and paste it in my blackbook when your done!

3. EBA

EBA Elite Member

4. Alephantone

The entire thing is super ill. One of my favorite part is the E on ALEFANT1 ! Super fresh all the way around man thanks so much!

5. Alephantone

6. EBA

EBA Elite Member

I have no issues with sending you a high res copy when complete...

7. EBA

EBA Elite Member

8. EBA

EBA Elite Member

If you think AI art is bad at generating the correct number of fingers, paws, teeth and ab’s…

Oh my. I wanted some source art for a piece I am doing and tried to generate some breakdancers. Here are some of the best results. I say “best,” but not because they were the best results to use.
    IMG_4990.jpeg IMG_4989.jpeg IMG_4988.jpeg IMG_4987.jpeg IMG_4986.jpeg IMG_4985.jpeg IMG_4984.jpeg IMG_4983.jpeg IMG_4982.jpeg IMG_4981.jpeg IMG_4980.jpeg IMG_4979.jpeg IMG_4977.jpeg IMG_4976.jpeg

9. EBA

EBA Elite Member

10. EBA

EBA Elite Member

11. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Here it is finished...

IMG_5029.jpeg

12. Alephantone

Lol these are terrifying

13. Alephantone

Yo ! So killer! I owe you big time on an exchange !

14. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Hope you like how I dropped transparency and effects a bit to better simulate pain marker on sticker.

15. Alephantone

Didn’t even notice at first glance but now I see it! Nice touch! My next project is a new sticker for you… reply with a theme or character… first thing that comes to mind… as a prompt for me to tackle on this!

16. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Spongebob and Patrick!

17. EBA

EBA Elite Member

What character(s) do you want? I'm working on at least two more big ones for you plus lots of little ones. And a few SEVS members might do their own. Not sure if you want to trade back or not with that. I don't want to overwork you. KRAM definitely said he was was down. And I think PASC might too. All I know for KRAM is that I did a Ninja Turtles thingie for him a while back (KRAM... Krang... sue me, it's close) and he loves them.

18. Alephantone

The new Ninja turtles movie came out on my birthday and I went and saw it haha! I’ve always been a Leonardo and Michelangelo guy, but as I get older I am finally beginning to associate with my inner Donatello haha. But I can rock the other names too. Lemme get started on the satire joint today and hopefully have it posted before I go to work and then I’ll start the others after that

19. Alephantone

Got a start on it but off to work now! F468165D-CAEA-4F74-87A5-EDC12D2A9253.jpeg

20. EBA

EBA Elite Member

You work so wicked fast.

You never did tell me what to do for your others... say, two exchanges.

Bonus points for including Gary.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023