Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

i know but i dont know what to do... should i ad 3d or shadow? or smear the cheese in my sammich all over it?

2. Vile91

Vile91 Member

i say just smear ur sammwich cheese on it ha... nah i say just shadow it up i think itd look best

crits plz
    ai14.tinypic.com_4q4kl5s.gif

3. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

bazer- i disagree. i say inward 3d, theres too much white space for shadow. and btw i love that last "ER".

vile- i like it but i think you should lose the arrows, and why are there no cracks on the c or a?

4. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

i think you need to tone it down a lil bit dude. dont do backgrounds just yet. make your letters a little thicker but all the same size. and as for people that r gonna tell you to go simple, dont follow them just because its what the majority of the writers are saying. do what your doin but if it sucks flood yourself around more graff but dont bite just get inspired.

5. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

6. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

heh.. you forgot to mention that it says "Freak!!!" not just "freak"...

7. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

Oh my bad. I couldn't find the "swirly addon thing" button on my keyboard though...

8. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

"freak@!!!" like that? :)

9. exhale

exhale Senior Member

10. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

i dont agree with whoever said go simple....or not as much. u had a good style, ex.

11. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

12. IwriteNASR

IwriteNASR Senior Member

hazex-the e is the only letter i really like just keep workin on them
    baze- i think 3d would look pretty good
    vile-make all ur letters the same size dont worry bout fill
    bouncingsoul-so nice as usual
    sewr- pushem together more
    sinn- i like the top and bottom
    [Broken External Image]:http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/450/nasr9og3.jpg
    over did the bubbles. crits

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  13. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

well,
    regardless it was still good, esp for being 17.
    im only 15 :D
    but i saw this guy at a local art show who was just so fucking amazing, like it was fantasy, abstractm hiphopish, ahh it was tight.
    so anyways, im taking painting classes.
    as soon as i find a free or cheap place for them. :rolleyes:

14. SilentCore=>Syn

SilentCore=>Syn Member

Nasr - I like the the n,a and r but not sure about the s

Sinn - I like the top and the bottom one nice style and color

Bounce - I like that freak it looks crazy

btw iv been wanting to ask a question but couldn't start a thread for some reason (kept on getting some msg) so if u have an answer pls just msg me so this thread wont be filled with off topic discussion k the question is how many of you have taken art class or are taking and is it necessary to get better if not how did u learn , with tuts or what? I know its a stupid question but iv had it on my mind for a while know, and i havnt taken any classes

Thx in advance =)

Quick Sketch Tell me what u think

[Broken External Image]:http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/4618/syntry3sj2.jpg

15. Captain

Captain Senior Member

syn it's aight, i don't like that weird square in your 'y'. work on getting less sketchy lines, it'll help out when you go to ink something.
    naser, work on getting the edges of the letters straight for now. If you really must have rounded corners, make the letters completely straight with sharp corners, and then go through afterward and round 'em out.

So this year I did a bunch of simple 5 minute sketches, a couple i might have shown already. I think I'ma post one a day 'till I run out.

here's the first

[Broken External Image]:http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7500/shitzv3.jpg

also, I'm finnaly gonna color this tomarrow, hopefully in addition to an exchange.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5561/sharpsquaressj5.jpg

It's about time I do some sketches, I've been working only on handies and throwies for the past month or two.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  16. BORG

BORG Moderator

that last one is sick, u down for tha excange still?
    i dropped a quick pen freestyle 5 mins ago
    but i'll do a new one for the exchange

17. tesfortis

tesfortis Senior Member

Captain; that last one is real dank. That thick black outline makes it pop so nice. Letters are sick.

18. Stim

Stim Senior Member

man, it's all about the first one.

19. Dusk07

Dusk07 Senior Member

Bomb. Before fill and details all the lil lines and stuff will flow once i finish...theres wind coming from two diff directions on each side hits the letters ext. im pretty happy about it...specially the letters...extentions..w.e im a toy...but i like it...crits... also idk im horrible with color flow so help on that as well?
    The top handy whichh i went with the wind idea as well...looks bleh but o well.. it says..
    "Be blown away i drop bombs all day" haha yeah. anyways it was fun so crits and help!

[Broken External Image]:http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/19205/2003695942796169179_rs.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  20. tesfortis

tesfortis Senior Member

Dusk; I'm not a big fan of those little wind things. haha. I don't really like the things above the letters... I don't know what to call them. The letters are good though. Keep it up.