Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

D_G- I was actually thinking the same thing, i fugged up on the N definitely, sick throw though man what's it say?

Dizzle- It's actually very nice, but the thing is it's just begging to be squished together more, the shape and the conture of the letters would flow really nicely if there was less space between the E R and K.

Genetic- I like that it's out there and creative, but it's hardly legible and it just seems as if you kind of made the letters too foreign, maybe simples?

ShAmEE- Sick man, lovin the colors and the fill

AMK- I would hardly call it rave, more positive encouragement?

2. amk

amk Elite Member

Sheep..i just think we need Alive or Tricks to come in and give you some proper encouragement...coz encougament dont make you get better...harsh critisizm does

3. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

well last time tricks came in and told me wu tang would slam my arm in a door if they saw my piece, besides your right here, why not give me some harsh criticism, im a good sport man. i know im not very good, hell it's my 3rd week of this graff stuff, so I'm willing to take any advice i can get

4. amk

amk Elite Member

well..ill give you the advice they gave me..
    get a pencil..
    sketch out simples block letters
    uysing BARS

5. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

6. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

your r and e look bad.

7. amk

amk Elite Member

i think the N on the mini Nore simples would make a dope dope M

8. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

your n reminds me of my n in my valen peice.. not saying its a bite, just saying.. :confused:
    View attachment 284073

9. amk

amk Elite Member

oh shizzle..
    damn
    wh do so many people from this part post in the big boy thread..
    unfaaaaair

10. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

I personally like my "e", I don't like my "R" either but w.e.

and nah, I didn't bite it. lol I just took the left leg, kicked it in, and then bent the other bars to fit with that other bar.

eh. w.e.

and amk, if you're saying it is unfair that I post in there, I've been posting in there for a while, so idk. Just post in there, most of the time people don't say anything or it gets deleted. Anyways I'm supposed to be taking a break from BS so laterrrrrr.

edit: Baze-not feelin the "E" or "A" in the "VALEN" piece...idk your bars are a lil' shaky and the arrows shouldn't be where you put them...just thought I'd crit it since you posted it. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  11. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

well to be honest telling me to sketch simples doesnt really do anything for me, i sketch simples alot trust me, but i just like to try and be "fresh", of course thats no excuse for horrible letter structure.
    Anyway, heres some shit i jus finished:
    Typical Cats, listen to em
    [Broken External Image]:http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7288/dsc00026rf5.jpg
    Grave Diggas, again, listen to em
    [Broken External Image]:http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9980/dsc00022oh6.jpg
    Shaded Wu Tang (Yes the U and the N suck)
    [Broken External Image]:http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/2616/dsc00025sh1.jpg
    And of course a simple
    [Broken External Image]:http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/1417/dsc00024ob7.jpg

12. amk

amk Elite Member

it so fair you post in there..and thanks man

and Sheep..the effect of simples you dont see untill about 2 - 3motnhs of doint them :)

13. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

yes and im sure it will show, but telling me to do something im already doing still doesnt help me ;)

14. Vice

Vice Senior Member

15. amk

amk Elite Member

everything youv ever said to me iv just cleared my mind of Vice

and Sheep..well then...keep it up

16. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

I say fatten her up a bit, looks anorexic, the V also kind of looks too much like a U, as for the I, just ditch that line for now a straight bar looks better than that

17. WolfBurrns

WolfBurrns Senior Member

Sheep- The 'e' is gettin covered by the 'v' a little too much. I like what you're doing. Just when your doing it focus more on structure before you do the add ons. Correct the spacing of your letters, balancing the piece, and like I said, structure. Try that and you'll get a cleaner look overall.

18. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

yeah i was worried about the E, will do though man thanks
    and AMK, why not offer crits instead of disses and snide remarks? just a thought ;)

19. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

sheep the point of simples is to kno ur stucture of ur letters.

20. Vice

Vice Senior Member

amk. i told you i wasnt good. i flat out explained that i wasnt that good at all. why did you expect better than what i explained?
    edit: oh and ive just been workin on that since last night so cut me some slack.