Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Nem

Nem Elite Member

left side of your A is too fat.

and the blue star thingys kinda kill things.\

clean simple E though.

2. Riccweee

Riccweee New Member

what up, my first post, so I figured I should just put it here. Dont hate, hope this is in the right section, Not from the U.S so I dont really know the lingo for everything yet. Anyways, some shit I did in history class, nothing too serious!
    Btw, I only had a blue ink pen, so please, be gentle :p

View attachment 286123

3. Nem

Nem Elite Member

kinda cool handstyle. take out all the shaky sections of your lines.

make all your lines straight, it'll look way better. your letters have decent form.

4. squakMix

squakMix Member

Just a quick update with two pieces I've been working on. I've worked on my style a ton since I was last here, picked up a pack of prismas, and went to work.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_squakMix_Etcsketch3.jpg

My latest sketch, I'm not sure if I should fill in the orange bubbles or not. Tell me what you think: aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v389_squakMix_Etcsketch4early4.jpg

Thanks for any crits, opinions are welcome

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  5. Riccweee

Riccweee New Member

Not quite sure what you refer to with the shaky stuff :/ but work will be done, havent really worked on my writing for YEARS, fun to get back in it :D

6. Nem

Nem Elite Member

really clean lines. good work with the prismas. you should try to start blending with them.

with the first sketch, the E has an alright structure, maybe just exaggerate the bends of it. if that makes sense. try out some different bar structures with the T and C though. theyre almost there.

and with the second one, dont connect your letters.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/mblavis777/Etcsketch4early4.jpg
    looks way better. and full.

7. Nem

Nem Elite Member

like when the lines cut into the letter and make a little < kinda thing.

straighten those out. < into |

8. squakMix

squakMix Member

Awsome, thanks alot for the crits Nem! I had the letters in the second sketch unconnected at first, and didn't know which way to go when I inked it, I'll try closing them back up again.

I absolutely agree that the T and C in the first sketch are lacking something, I hate the way the C turned out especially. I'll work on the bar structure a bit more.

also:
    I think he's referring to the jagged/ziggy lines thrown in randomly on some of the letters. I think I agree, try smoothing them out more and seeing how it looks.

Edit: Yeah, looks like nem beat me to it.

9. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Etc-work on your tag first, most crucial thing to begin with, I should've worked on mine when I was just gettin' into it, but I didn't...I recently started to work on it more though, point is, work on your handstyle.

10. nero122

nero122 Elite Member

nem are you some religous freak that plays with lego n go to simple BLOCK letter with no add ons keep at the straight shit n study alot of graff movies, pics,books all of em n this goes for alot of new people

11. mask_cib

mask_cib Member

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s125_t_baby666_digitalcamera129.jpg
    ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s125_t_baby666_digitalcamera128.jpg
    ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s125_t_baby666_bfc46f68.jpg
    this is some older stuff fell free to crit

12. BORG

BORG Moderator

mask- not a fan on the 1st pieces extensions, but the 2nd n 3rd are nice man

13. JackJill

JackJill Elite Member

On the bottom I really like where it's going but keep it a little more simplel for now, like lose the extensons on the A and S.
    That bump in the M (the middle part) should mimick the other side. Try and keep it as symmetrical as you can. Bring the top right leg of the K out a bit more. Scrunch up the bottom of the S.
    Other than that...not bad.

14. Nem

Nem Elite Member

ha, im not sure if i understand. but im not like, Christian religious. if thats what youre talking about. not in the slightest.

why shouldn't i look at a ton of graf?

thats how you get into it. just assault your brain with the culture and bust out your own style. thats my approach anyway. its goin alright.

and i dunno, if someones tryin out some crazy shit, and it doesnt look good. they need to go back to simples, develop their structure. and THEN, revert to that crazy shit they had in the beginning, apply it to their newly learned structure, and bam. you got style.

15. Riccweee

Riccweee New Member

just threw these together, nothing spectacular at all, but what evs, input is always good. Sorry for the shitty scanning though, it misses some colors and shit.(bright ones)
    --
    View attachment 286143
    --This one supposed to be filled in, but the color didnt show when scanned, real basic
    --
    View attachment 286144
    --
    View attachment 286145
    -- this one is old, more or less the same as the first one I posted...

16. in_the_red

in_the_red Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  17. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Be nice to Eska, she's my girlfriend haha.

Riccwee, too much squigly stuff going on in the first, too much square stuff in the second, gotta meet that magic equilibrium.

Fuck I'm too drunk to give any other crits. Although everyone one in the last 15 posts should keep it simple.

18. EsKoNeR!!

EsKoNeR!! Elite Member

ai61.photobucket.com_albums_h58_Eskoner_eskgrey.jpg
    blah. no bubbles next time

19. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

umm. dont think it is ur best i think that u should work on them letters. think the stucture is lacking at the moment, well in that piece.
    now there is ma advise.

20. Seti

Seti Elite Member

nah esk one dont listen to em, u should try some colour overlay suff, like draw some boxes over it and colour it diferently in the boxes, practice with diferent formats, and dont drop the bubbles they make anypiece stand out...the letters look lushous, just experiment with colour more....