Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

moer i just dont know what to say.. there's somethin about the thickness of your letters that isn't right. just keep working on them.

here's my finished whatchamapoopoo... im getting lazy...
    ai190.photobucket.com_albums_z227_bazer6_ebook_SP_A0925.jpg

2. ATEC

ATEC Member

3. Chalk

Chalk Senior Member

baze did your green marker die? and your 3d seems to be off in some places.

bltz - you may want to check out the new to graff thread...

hunger - i really like waht you have goin on there. though your G doesn't really fit in that well.

emokid - i still say your R looks like a K

and took skeelos advice and tried to add in thin bars with the thick ones... not sure if i was sucessful or not... also just some tracing of letters with slight adjustments trying to get the negative space to seem even.
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v495_k_vandal_flatstreet5.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v495_k_vandal_flat6.jpg

4. SEKT

SEKT Member

lookin pretty good ATEC a few things that would make it better though are make the top of the T more horizontal and loose the indent on the right side cause right now it looks like an F

5. exhale

exhale Senior Member

atec the bottom left part of teh s looks a bit weird?

something made quick. tips/crits?
    awww.imageox.com_image_64939_File0016.gif

6. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

baze- nice, but to me it looks like it gets bigger from left to right.
    chalk- try doing a similar bar in each letter or something to give it a little more flow. not bad tho

heres a 5 min sketch of my girl. i did it cuz i havent really "drawn" in forever it needs some tweaks here and there, like the eyes arent right(she looks asian lol) and other stuf. i was thinkin of possibly tranferin it to better paper and putting a lil piece under it or next to it. borry its not graff related but i would like to know if it has any potential.
    thanks
    [Broken External Image]:http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1134/samdrawing002nh7.jpg

edit: i found a bunch of old crap from the beginning of last school year.i dont know if they belong here or the carak thread but they were a part of my black book so if i should move them, let me know. the last one was when i couldnt think of a word to try and the only thing i could think of was Dalte so im not taking the name lol. pure practice. this is mad old tho so crits are welcome, but i will most likely not work on these again.
    thanks
    [Broken External Image]:http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2662/oldcharacters001en2.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1319/oldcharacters002ou8.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8952/oldcharacters003xh6.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8701/oldcharacters004ir9.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9831/oldcharacters005rb4.jpg

really sorry for the huge post haha

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  7. REAL..

REAL.. Member

FIN....haha im likin those skectches though im not sure bout the piece and the girl is aight...
    NEZ... i like the second and fifth pic, clean the others up a bit also they have potential....
    PEAR/EMOKID.... i love that sketch it flows well the only thing is it looks like it says peak and my R's used to do that whole K look.... but keep that shit up...
    HUNGR... i like that maybe put the letters closer together but i like the throw...
    BLITZ... ott man calm down a little and focus on letters and not fills...
    MOER.... the second one aight maybe use www.tinypic.com ??? but yeh thats nice and simple but not sure bout the first one at all...
    1nONLY BAZE.... that shit is out maybe make letters slighlty more distingiushable but thats only me trying to give crit its still fire i love the colour scheme... oh ive just seen some of the 3d is off... :/ ah well
    ATEC... thats nice and simple good to see people not going ott maybe try sum fills now... :)
    CHALK... nice and simple i like it...good letter structure..
    EXHALE.... im lovin that style man its defined and original.... keep it up

i think thats everyone!!

8. ATEC

ATEC Member

fin- those sketches are nice. but your piece doesn't seem to flow very well.
    exhale- That is pretty Gnar.
    ai191.photobucket.com_albums_z6_ATEC090_atec7.jpg

9. BORG

BORG Moderator

pear- work an extension to the bottom of your a to fill some negative space
    hunger- top one is lookin dope
    chalk- wtf is flat st.? haha looks fly as always

chilled with my boys for a sketch session, and this is what i got
    [Broken External Image]:http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2871/june17008ks3.jpg

10. BORG

BORG Moderator

yeah, i gave up on my i
    bump....bottom of page

11. Vice

Vice Senior Member

Why didnt you use the I from your stickers? i liked that one alot. but other then your I its all great. clean as always and great coloring skills. my only word of advice would be to not say 1 after it. i never really liked it when people do that. i think it makes them sound defensive or self conscious.

12. sank.

sank. Senior Member

uhhh are you there?

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m258_si0n_IMG_0724.jpg

13. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

yo sank, your A looks more like an R because of the way you cocked it, fix that up and the N and you'll be on your way
    ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z230_ase_9_Picture004_1.jpg
    new style i tried to work with, i'm thinkin about painting this

14. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

Sup kidlets? i see some new names in here...which is always a good sign...lol, but really, id give crits but i have no time up at camp, still teaching kids how to swim and shit...yeah im rugged like that..hope youre all having good summers..Peace! BSC!

15. 7thIncision

7thIncision Senior Member

Revolt, same thing man, he is looking for a word to write. People just use different words to represent the same thing.

Sank - looks good man, i like it. I would just work on the top of the N. get rid of that thing, other than that i thins its good.

N.O.T.E - Its good, somethings just lost in the markers you are using, your structure looks goot, same with the additions, but it looks like its done with a shaky hand.

I haven't posted anything in a while, here it is... speaking of shaky. This is the first one i've done in this style. I'm not looking for the standard "take a step back and go to simple blockbusters or whatever".
    Plus i really hate the I.
    ai148.photobucket.com_albums_s22_Sake7_minst1.jpg

16. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

Borg-I'm feelin it,but I digged your old stuff more.I suppose I'll like it more when you start developing it.

View attachment 291674

Just the DR for now.Just wanted yo know if I should continue or not.

17. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

no offense drak but you never change your letters. you just change what add-ons u put on them. it gets mad old cuz they always look the same. do a different word or something or try a new style. no beef, just my opinion.

18. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

keep goin man, once you put 3d on that shit and get it nicely colored it will prolly look dope..
    7th, letters are pretty good, i think the only thing about the i, is the bottom part, maybe you should soften the edges a lil bit, but good stuff man

19. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

7th, your bars change thickness a lot try to keep them consistent throughout the piece. try pushin them together maybe. just looks like you tried a little too hard and rushed. it has no flow really but keep at it, not the worst ive seen.

and to emel, yeah i dont know why he doesnt pay attention lol

20. D E M O

D E M O Senior Member