Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. amk

amk Elite Member

Snot..not feeling the letters at all man..no beef...the onyl letter i like abit is the E..but the rest are bad imo.

Hade...you wasting a serious amount of time on those simples...theyere just blocks man..chill...no need for perfect angles ahah..serious Hade....3 - 5 hours...WHAT THE FUCK !!

bump for crits on the whole..

View attachment 292601

View attachment 292602

View attachment 292603

View attachment 292604

View attachment 292605

View attachment 292606

View attachment 292607

View attachment 292608

Has it got anywhere...has it got potential...shud i keep on..?..
    thanks..
    peace.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

honestly, i wouldnt spend 3-5 hours on a peice, i do mine in parts, like il sketch it in pencil, then outline, then wen im bored i will fill it, i have so many peices just laying around that have got no farer than the sketching stage, cuz once you do the outline, you should think, oh man i coulda changed it there and switched it up a bit there.

and amk - when uyou first started that style i thought omg no way, look at the first sketch honestly i thought you were an idiot, but then i didnt come on until that havok peice and i would easily say they are your best letters, the detail, extensions set in the right places, everythnig makes it better

3. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

4. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

snot. it has good flow but i dont like the last letter. is it an A?? because the way the crossbar conects on the left is a bit wack. but as an overall piece i like it.

amk. i totally agree with rayse. when u put up the first letters i was like. aww hell no. but it quickly developed. keep ur old style handy but develop this one to perfection for sure. the havok is the best

wacksac. i wouldnt add any more stuff. if anything i would take off the bits on either end and drop a 3D to the middle and a simple color job itll look pretty sick. but all the extra connection ticky line things arent necesary it has the makings of a nice simple piece. i would keep it simple.

5. sky_one

sky_one Senior Member

thanks for the crits heres some more block leters pieces
    aa13.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_85_l_c10485dbe2ee1acf84a94e44ff7ce7ac.png
    aa196.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_126_l_a9105b340a2021cac6391ea6c2dabf13.png
    aa208.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images01_89_l_030c17c15be6c1b7c1ea9cdb3c43aab7.png

6. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

If you separated these letters and took a look at them on their own, only the k would look right and even then the right leg extension is off. Find a way to balance your letters out, the huge left leg compared to the half sized right leg isnt working on your a and m.

Kezia, work on your bar weight. It's all over the place.

This is all ive sketched in a while, might bust a few outlines out tonight if I feel up to it.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5061/001jm4.jpg

7. pocket change

pocket change Senior Member

8. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

amk i disagree with Sou. i think that that piece has excellent flow. making the letters similar and not simetrical works really well. especially with the connection all along the bottom.

does. they look good . i like the bottom one best. but the top right bit on the D isnt right.

9. exhale

exhale Senior Member

does - yeah the top one's d looks a bit too big. the bottom one looks alright though
    asma - maybe make the top of your m like the rest of the other letters tops?

a battle in another forum. says fourth
    ai188.photobucket.com_albums_z192_sewr11_graffiti_File0019.jpg

10. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

I never said it didn't flow, I just said the letters are disproportioned to the point that if you took them out and looked at each one on it's own it would look bad. Each letter of a piece should be able to hold its own.

exhale your letters are on the verge of illegible and it's mainly because you are using so many layers. Try incorporating drop shadows on the letters or attaching more of those bars together. The structure is there (except for the r). Keep at it.

First attempt and a new style and first legit attempt at adding a decent amount of add ons. any crits before I ink it?

[Broken External Image]:http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9943/008fl5.jpg

11. d_g

d_g Elite Member

YO AMK

Keen on a VandalSquad exchange? Random but I like your shit on there and I'm addicted to that shit right now.

I'll post some crits later tonight everyone, I've got mad design work to do for uni right now.

12. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

13. amk

amk Elite Member

Word.
    Caset right.
    thanks for the tips guys.

seyar...feeling the flow and direction of those bottom bars kicking out mang...

14. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Yeaeeeeeeeeeeeeah boi, C/Kaset, whatever tickles your fancy.

I'll delete these posts once I know you've seen it.

15. sank.

sank. Senior Member

uhh wheres my exchange :confused:

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m258_si0n_IMG_0725.jpg

16. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

Rayseone-looking good when are you inking that lol
    Sou-mvd-looks pretty dope to me
    ras-realy seeing some progress there keep going

Well i tried fatting some letters from my handy so here's a result,and yes i made it on lined paper,the only paper that i found in my house.And i had to scan it,i wanted to take a pic but i was out of batterys

View attachment 292650

an attempt at something,the scan made it look dirty

View attachment 292651

nways crits

17. amk

amk Elite Member

feeling that C and R south...not the A tho..aint working for me..:(

Yo D_G

for you manggg..

View attachment 292670

ill post this here looking for crits on those letters...as i need all the comments i can get at this moment in time on my letters..
    im particulary looking to see if the S n E are good..
    coz im pretty proud of the S coz i aint rocked one for 1 year now..:O

18. amk

amk Elite Member

19. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

20. amk

amk Elite Member

sick Uuuh..your K is furesh

KOVERRRRR

View attachment 292694

sorry its soo late...i completley uterly forgot. :(