Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

sec the lines dont keep the same width, work on that. That arrow that seems to be coming from the E behind the S, get rid of that.

Slek you have creative fills and your flow is so neat, i like your style. Purple didn't really work with it, a bit too many dark colors next to each other

keep it up.

2. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

3. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

yes

4. Cyto Aka Son1c

it doesn't look toy, what's wrong with it? just because it's a simple doesn't mean it's toy

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  5. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

No its not clean, and have lil to no flow........And by asking the question is it toy further more prove that you are.......Put it like this.....Can you truthfuly say that your style stands out from others.....Is it unique, Original(or some what)

6. Cyto Aka Son1c

I wasnt tryin to be unique or have a style that stands out, I still think its a decent simple that has flow to it

7. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

Then theirs your answer.

Your sketch dosen't have good flow for one...........Its Decent...BUT could be better.

8. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

Viruz: On the first one, your D and E have completely different styles, but I'll assume that's because it's unfinished. Watch your thicknesses (for example, the bars on your H on the second pic are too skinny in comparison to your other letters). Also on the second pic, the extensions on your R are really out of place. The hole on the R is quite out of place as well. You're definitely onto something though.

One Evil: I have no idea what that says, so go back to simples and practice until it's painfully boring and you fully understand the structures of the letters you choose to use. New To Graffiti thread has a lot of good reading for beginners like yourself.

Slek: The only good thing I can see you're doing with your letters is that you are using consistent thicknesses. You are lacking significantly in the flow department though. Forget about coloring your sketches until you know that you're producing something worth using ink on.

Cyto: The VAD portion of that looks pretty good minus the arrow on the V. Your i looks a little awkward because of the top and bottom extensions, so play around with that a little bit. Your M is definitely the oddball of the group and the arrow really isn't helping it out either. Break down the structure a little more and keep at it until it fits in with the other letters. Other than those things, it's a decent simple.

Still workin' the simps, myself. Crits are appreciated :)
    View attachment 511420

9. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Sec-Geah! I'm glad to see you trying new stuff. Work with it and try to keep it in proportion aswell as evenly spaced and it should be looking alot cleaner really soon.

Viruz- I'm not at that level of sketching but it looks good to me.
    DropingLooking clean... really clean.
    Sonic Super clean pen simple. The arrow off the M looks weird to me.
    Lein- Keep working with that style and it looks like it will turn out original.

Trying to make my T's Not as ugly. Crits please.
    ai621.photobucket.com_albums_tt300_2wayducttape_DSCF7676_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  10. Dek2

Dek2 Member

2k9

lein: like squint said its lookin original.
    squint: kleen, you should make the top line on your T end like the top of your S if that made any sense.

heres a kinda old one, crits please

Attached Files:

11. maLLe

maLLe Senior Member

dope, maybe u could bring the style that u got goin at the bottom of the piece to the top, especially the top left of the 'K'

12. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

squint-that t has to go dude

13. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  14. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

after studying your tag i realized that says snak and not sqph. start over simple

15. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

16. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

changed name, crits? sorry its dark

ai36.tinypic.com_ao59xz.jpg

ai37.tinypic.com_2i6jv6a.jpg

17. littlerocky

littlerocky Senior Member

try and keep our letters even there not even bars in the w..
    ai276.photobucket.com_albums_kk14_Mugs53_Photo10.jpg
    ai276.photobucket.com_albums_kk14_Mugs53_Photo21.jpg
    ai276.photobucket.com_albums_kk14_Mugs53_Photo6.jpg
    old

18. shakaan5

shakaan5 New Member

just doing simple bars

hey fellas first post been viewing the forums for a bit im just trying to work on my bars tell me what you think any crits are appreciated.

Attached Files:

19. Abor Rudest

Abor Rudest Senior Member

dude, shut the fuck up, seriously, you dont know what youre talking about. youre saying shit about being original yet almost every sketch you do is a bite (shitty ones at that). cyto, thats a dope straight letter, its not toy, dont listen to this kid. the only crit i can give you is if youre going to have an arrow on your "m", make the outside leg of it into one, dont just have one poking out like that.

20. Fetusr

Fetusr Senior Member

Skwint that looks dope but don't do the squiggly line for your I and leave the loop shit out of your T. make it straight like the other ones and it will buuurn.