Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

taz- getting better i like it stay simple.

havent written in a few days, no longer using guidelines. halp,crits anything

Attached Files:

2. drOping

drOping Senior Member

Taz- the plain block one with no color except for the orange outline is fucking cleannn
    Snaw- Dude, your getting better...the top one the S N and A go real well together, the W is close too. Keep it up!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  3. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

Taz: (first post) the top pic is pretty good, but work on cleaning up your coloring a bit. The letters are simple, so there isn't much to crit. The orange one in the second pic would be better if your lines were cleaner. The purple one in the third pic isn't bad either. The letters in the fifth pic look good other than the additional bar on the left side of the E and how the top of the S curves inward. The 3d fill needs some work, but the 3d itself looks pretty good. The backround seems to be a bit over your head in terms of style, but just try to ease your way into that the same way you'd progress letters- start simpler. (second post) The one with the red forcefield looks good. That one is your best. The rest I didn't mention need a lot of work.

Empty Can: What's that say? STOT? Go simpler and stay away from cursive lettering for now since it has so many curves. You need to work on straight letters before you can move into that territory. The 3d looks pretty good though. It's never good when you have to be asked what it says in this thread.

STFUPPERCUT: It's really hard to tell from the quality of those pics, but from what I can see, it looks good. Come back with some better pics if you want some real crits.

Playing around with these letters for a battle on another forum:
    View attachment 513063

4. Loki X Sho

Loki X Sho Banned

not bad dude, I like your R and the way you colored it.

5. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Serk- Way to keep it clean and not try to do to much. Letters are pretty good, just keep sketching and getting better. Also work on spray paint control so you can eventually be able to paint this almost as clean.

6. drOping

drOping Senior Member

7. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

8. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

View attachment 513110
    ayo taz man looking good...keep working with simple styles.
    sleck, try and do smaller, less awkward connections, if any. arsen keep doing what your doing.
    so how bout some crits? im gonna ink and color it soon but i suck at fills and dont know what do do with it

9. sdroW

sdroW Member

ai351.photobucket.com_albums_q459_clenetics_092709_183100.jpg Schizz on ur top one you should buy a blender marker to blend the colors and make it flow better. Also if your not trying to watch out for the black outline running. Like be careful when you fill in and shit or ull like make it all runny and shit

10. cose1

cose1 Member

I am just getting back into graff after about 1.5 years of not actively painting and i'm not yet where i was before. I'm not really feeling this sketch so far, but what do you guys think?

[Broken External Image]:http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/schonevelds/piece28-09-09.jpg

I think the s and e have part that are disproportionate, the c is a bit fat and i've never been good at o's.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

11. sdroW

sdroW Member

Cose: It looks good, it will look better when you erase though. (obviously) But like the o doesnt really look like an o but it sort of does. Like connect the bottom of it maybe. Also that C is super fat at the bottom. it doesnt look bad but you might wanna be careful or whatever. you should go with this though it could look sick when ur done if u do it well.

12. cose1

cose1 Member

i agree, the o looks a bit like a d to me and i'll make the c a bit thinner at the bottom.
    Thanks sdroW!

edit: also i wasn't too sure about the positioning and connection between the s and e, mainly at the bottom with the two parallel lines.

13. ryser

ryser Member

New names ive been playing around with
    [Broken External Image]:http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6643/photo28b.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/2567/photo29t.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/426/photo30.jpg
    I also was using some new prismas im not used to so some of my lines may seem a little choppy
    Crits?

cose - looks like you got the right idea for lettering structuring, and you seem to realize what could make it look better
    serk - looking good, nice and clean. do you write LEIN as well? because ive seen a lein that has very very similar letter style to that.

14. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

15. Schizz

Schizz Member

Arden, That's cool mate, maybe try putting some of your biuldings at an angle as aposed to a straight up end elevation. City blocks are messed up. Probably be more fitting in a graff piece too, haha.

freek nine-o-fizzel, That's a pretty sweet outline, Just make sure you don't let your letters vere off and get bigger and bigger as they go. Don't be afraid to draw a straight line under that fucker to keep him going at an even hight. Maybe have a look at that if provided the pic isn't just at an angle then fill it in and post it up, it's tight.

Yeah, amp, i hear you about the markers. I've only got some cheap shit to work with, suppose it's probably a good thing, it stops my going mental with the fills. Your sketch is comming on there man, I'd maybe tidy up that force field and make it a bit thinner. Remember to keep the right hand bar in that A matched up and maybe bring the P in just a little closer, kinda looks like he's just out there by himself.

Cose, that sketch is looking good so far man, let's see it finnished, what are you thinking about for a fill?

Ryser, That top one is my favourite, looks like it took you a bit longer than the others too, looks like you have a nice champfered effect going there. The colours contract pretty good. I don't like the name nyber so much, maybe it's just me but it doesn't flow aswell. The splatter effect on the middle one is nice too but maybe try doing somthing to highlight the letters a bit more? Same for the bottom one, the colours are all too similar. You have like blue, purple and like, aquatic green, you need one of those to be contrast the others. Like, bright yellow or some neuclear reactive green, somthing brighter. Still clean shit though.

View attachment 513190
    View attachment 513191

Some groggy little mistakes and shit here, now that i look haha. Any crits, or ideas? I'm haveing a shitty time thinking of fills just now. Am I better just leaving them for now or what?

16. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

that cake is solid. dont worry about fills. get ur letters down first

17. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Yeah thats what i write. I have a few simple block styles. I made this style like 3 months ago and thats the first time i drew it since. Personaly i like it alot and think it looks good. But everyone is gonna say their piece is good:p

some crits: droping - i think it looks good but the K is away from the other letters. theres a little gap. and the other letters are slightly slanted and i think the K should be slanted too

queezy - looks good. nice background

cose- nice sketch.except maybe round out your O because it looks like a D. id like to see it finished

Nyser the first one is the best

18. sdroW

sdroW Member

Schizz: thanks a million for that comment about the forcefield. Helps a shitton especially because that is like my 2nd one. With ur little white shiny parts be careful with how they look and shit and keep em balanced. just be careful with all the white shit. They look good as fuck all 3 of them. In the green taz one you have. The a-z shadow and stuff is different than the t-a. Like how it falls below on one of them and shit.

19. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

nyser/ryser, nice handstyle on the first one. i think its also the best in general. dont really like that splatter effect though on i think the second one im too lazy to go back up and look.

crits, should i move on to things besides keyboard-straight letters yet? or keep practicing this..?

Attached Files:

20. cocacola

cocacola Senior Member

space each letter out a lil and make em all the same lengh makes the pics bigger sheese
    afarm4.static.flickr.com_3454_3963250649_fdc334419e.png