Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

2. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

all these on this page look nice except urs snaw practice more with bars

3. Queezy

Queezy Elite Member

Snaw it's very sloppy, it should look EXACTLY or very close to your keyboard letters. Except with a drop shadow, or 3-d. Which is something you'll have to work on to do well. I still haven't got 3-d down perfect and I've been writing a year and a half.

4. Sucre

Sucre New Member

Wassgood everyone - im new to the forum.

Been writin a couple of weeks posted these for some crits:

ai38.tinypic.com_23jixhf.jpg

ai38.tinypic.com_2s6xcmp.jpg

whattayall think?

5. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

queezy, nice letters, i just dont like the huge gap in the middle.

cocacola, like it. just that part of the S at the bottom seems to sharp while all the other extensions are more blocky.

cose. nice letters. Just thin out the C or fatten up the S and E. I feel like the S and E are a bit too far apart. But i like to notice the little things so maybe it's just me.

[Broken External Image]:http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7081/p1000524r.jpg
    Yes i know reallly messy. I only had a Pen on me and did this in like 15 minutes.

[Broken External Image]:http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1296/p1000525v.jpg
    Still need to work on my Rs

[Broken External Image]:http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/678/p1000526e.jpg
    Some characters i drew up. Once again, only had a pen on me (which worked nicely for shading them) so it's kinda messy.

6. suparjafar

suparjafar Senior Member

i know what you mean, i was originally told to use guidelines to construct my letters to make them proportional. is the structure there, any better?

Attached Files:

7. StayHyE

StayHyE Senior Member

8. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

bottom page bump

and delae the D is looking much better.

9. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

10. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Viral -those characters are really nice. THe first piece is pretty bad. Your lines are different sized and it looks like you tried to make lines go random places. THe second one is better but make the top of your R even to your V. And lose the curve on the top of the R

upstate -i like that stlye but i don't like the black line going through the middle. The 3D on the right side of the O looks off

11. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

yeah i always have trouble with o's lol. and i meant to do a red line or something but then started with the wrong marker. lol. o well

12. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

You may become a good artist, but i can promise you won't get anywhere in graff if you keep focusing on coloring, fills, effects, and characs like you are doing.

Your ignoring the most fundamental and important part: letter structure.

Take any color away from your "pieces" and you have complete shit. Honestly, all you need to start is a pencil. Work on your tag and some simps.

13. Graffyk

Graffyk Senior Member

alright. i'll stop coloring them for now, thanks for the advice.

14. drOping

drOping Senior Member

15. cose1

cose1 Member

16. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

too much dead space. make your C and E closer to the OS. and even out your bars.

17. cose1

cose1 Member

18. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

your e is funny lookin now. and when you pencil sketch draw light first so you wont have any pencil marks on the finished piece.

19. Schizz

Schizz Member

Snaw, that's looking ok, mate. Get comfy doin' those then maybe try adding a 1 point perspective 3D or somthing and you'll have some nice block letters. Know what I mean by that yeah? Like, when you mark a point and trace all your 3D back to that single point. But yeah, keep doing what you're doing.

Delae, that first one you posted looks alright for an experiment and stuff looks like it's make a good handy y'know. I much preffer that second one you have there though. The letters look a bit more solid and defined. Just be carefull with the fills, like on the yellow letters, the green blocks could do with being a bit cleaner.

Viral, all that's looking good. I'd go and maybe re-do that top one when you have a bit more time, it could be a nice piece. The second one is just all around solid, I might have made the horizontal bar in the L a little shorter myself but again, that might just be opinion, haha. The characters are looking good too, reminds me of that creepy shit Hera does.

Inso, that's good, but I would have put the large group of bubbles in the same place but on top, just to kenp of balance it a bit more. Not sure what else to say there.

Slek, that vertical handy is fucking nice man. Watch that sivler outline, did you use a valve marker or somthing for it? You have a nice kinda grimey thing going there.

Cose, you could try making the back of the E more vertical then the top morizontal bar would kind of balance out with the hook on the C. If that doesn't make any sence ignore that shit, haha.

View attachment 513361
    Ignore that bottom right hand shit, that never really developed beyond an idea.

20. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

too many toys use those huge quotation marks on their tags.
    it looks horrible.

the most important thing is having a solid handstyle.
    from there, you can thicken the bars of your handstyle, and you'll have a simple piece.
    then you can go from there with different styles or whatever.