Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Minx

Minx Member

This isn't going to happen over night, it takes practice, lots of practice. But what you need to realise is that for every good outline you draw when starting out, there's going to be twenty crap outlines in the bin. You need to experiment, try shit and learn from your mistakes. This is why looking at other people's graffiti can help you acomplish this faster, as you can learn from their mistakes as well as your own. I'm not telling you to copy everyone, because that's the wrong thing to do, but you should deffinately take ideas from people and try them to see if it fits you.

As for that image, how about this time, you tell us what you think is wrong?

2. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

3. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

minx, until exi has basic structure he should not vary his letters.
    if he cant pull off the simplest straight how does it make sense to add more and try other things?
    i agree with zook, pieces need some care and color in them, erase the lines inside the e for example add a bit of color, dontrt making them look like pieces bother with 3d yet or if you do restrict it to straight down or straight to a side until you get the concept down.
    start making them look like pieces.
    some of the coolest pieces out there are evolved from straight simples with the addition of color,background,3d and effects they can look like the most awesome burners out there and the best bit is they can still be read.

Mogan..quality as usual , only thing i dont get on it is the right side of the k, to me it looks like it should be turned the other way but tis cool none the less

4. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

yeah that got me as well, I thought it might have even been an R, dope though, always like your pieces.

5. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  6. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Mogan.. your letter structure isn't very consistent, your extensions are wack and make no sense, there's too much negative space, and the flow is strange. Props on cleanliness, and the drop shadow on the end of each letter. I can say that about nearly every piece you've done, though.

Everything else on this page sucks.

7. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

8. Shofs17

Shofs17 Member

One of my friends name
    done in paint

Attached Files:

• nay.jpg
      nay.jpg
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
  9. Minx

Minx Member

You need to learn to walk before you learn to run, in my opinion you should be working on dubs long before you think about adding more colors or a fancy fill in for a piece. If you get the letters right, graffiti can look good in only two colors, but get the letters wrong, it doesn't matter how many colors you add to it, your piece can still look like shit... There's really not much more he can do to his letters other than make the lines a bit straighter (something he'll learn in time), which is why he should keep trying to change the bars untill he actually gets the hang of it... I'm not going to say anything else really as he can choose how he wants to progress, but that's my two cents on it...

10. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

ahh i forgot wat this thread was like
    the blind leading the blind thru a minefeild

11. ViniVidiVici

cuz none of the real experienced people wanna help toys, and then they get mad that everyone is a toy.

12. EXI

EXI Senior Member

13. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

those are some shitty lookin cuts bro

14. extinct

extinct Senior Member

if i was a mighty fine chick i would cry my eyes out... but im not.... the background is like a fart cloud.... the serifs.... look that 1 up... are pretty bad... might as well print something of of graffiti creator... speak openly or not at all

15. Gillian16098

Gillian16098 New Member

16. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Senior Member

what are you talking bout speak openly about what you cause you know i stay kush

17. EXI

EXI Senior Member

good to know that i suck at anything i try. thanks for the crits
    ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk69_flyffm4ner_img1289578623592.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  18. ViniVidiVici

Okay if you wanna do all caps for this piece you need to spread out all the letters and then just fill any negative space with your 3D, that is how it'll look the best without taking tons of style skill.

19. EXI

EXI Senior Member

okay, ill move them apart just a tad on the canvas

20. Minx

Minx Member

I like your U (not because it looks like a U), it's the best letter you've drawn so far, although if you cut the tail a tiny bit shorter, I think that would actually look good as a J... Just keep trying, I know it might feel like you're getting no where, but eventually you'll get a feel for things...