Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. FlatScank

FlatScank Banned

Attached Files:

2. ian

ian Elite Member

little battle with safeway, i hate my N in this:

ai.imgur.com_iFdFF.png

flat L looks better, T is still pretty weird looking

centry those look pretty sweet, not loving the H in the 2nd one, but the fill is definately on point and your letters arent bad

norf, fill is sweet, super clean sketch, not a huge fan of the NC connection, makes it look like a weird M, and the top bar of the E should be connected to the left bar, it looks like a lowercase T to me. the whole thing kinda looks like YtM. props for the steez tho

fruitful the letters need a lot of work, you gotta use bars and i would lose the extensions and such for now

3. thepekins

thepekins Guest

JENC piece is lookin dope!

4. nah!

nah! Banned

5. Delyte

Delyte Member

my first piece...crits please

fruitfulanomie - work on your letter structure, i like the colors scheme and background you did though

flat - I really like that one but i would take out the extension from the L

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  6. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

7. mindtrix350

mindtrix350 Senior Member

Ian- That "N" is all wonky with all the different bar sizes, thicken it out to fit in with the other letters. I can't say that I'm feeling the middle bar for the "A" either and it seems to be tilted a bit too much into the "R".

Nah- I like it. The middle bar of the A seems a bit too slanted and the little add-on on top isn't really needed. You already touched on the 3D for "one", so that's all I really have to say.

Delyte- I think you should beef up your letters more, keep them the same size and simplify them.

Scam- Nice one man, I like it. I think it would look better if the right bar of the "M" was the same thickness as the others, but that's just me.

Need markers so I can make cleaner lines and all that jazz.
    ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm203_mindtrix92_Photoon2011_04_04at1859.jpg

8. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

the lbur part is great. but you need to watch your bar widths in the w and i. u got ok strcucture for straights. i think it would look better if your 2 middle bars in the w only peaked at half its height

9. mindtrix350

Yeah, I wasn't feeling the bars that much either. I know the middle of the "W" is wonky and I think that my "I" should be thicker. Time to fix 'er up, thanks man.

10. centrysam

centrysam Senior Member

lovin that red an blue SCAM thing ... simple and effective

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5221_5590125749_a0caf9686a.png
    havinfun by grinder13, on Flickr

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

Hahahahaha true that, this 1 the L kinda look like a z to me tho...

12. elesdee

elesdee Member

fry use only bars(rectangles) to make up this exact letter structure: FRY
    And don't use multiple strokes for one line even if its sloppy, practice for a steady hand.
    fill up pads of paper with that until your wrist dislocates

13. mindtrix350

Humr- I like it for the most part, I'm not too sure about the left leg of the "M", though.

Messed up on the "B" and I think I put the "I" too far behind the "W".
    ai297.photobucket.com_albums_mm203_mindtrix92_Photoon2011_04_04at2210.jpg

14. ian

ian Elite Member

What kind of marker are you using for your outline? looks real clean

15. mindtrix350

Really? Aha, I'm just using a fine tip Sharpie. I actually wanted to get a different, thicker marker. It's the only marker I have left until I cop some more.

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^yo the trick to line cleanliness is thickening. You can use a microtip or a fine tip or even a regular pen and then after you draw a line, you draw the same line next to it then fill in the space between the two lines, all it is is making the line thicker. It helps in overall appearance, makes your lines look straight if you got a shaky hand, and makes it so you can fix some outlining errors if you make any

yeahp, its pretty common sense. unless you can draw free hand foot long straight lines and perfect circles than line thickening is the way to do it. But if your gonna thicken ines you gotta make sure the thickness is consistent or else it will look bad

you never have tried using a micro tip to outline? It takes more time, but it will prolly help you... It don't mean stop tryin to freehand ish without thickening tho cause if you can get that down it will help when you have stezy pens to use

woah holy shit almost half a page with no pics... guess i have to cut into the bag of old gems... I dont think i posted this 1 before... but uh its one of those ones where i came back to it a couple days later after doin the first 2 letters...R dont really fit in it... and the H is all kinds of fucked, especially the bottom left o_O .....but uh crit if you please
    View attachment 603475

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  17. lopid2

lopid2 Member

18. Delyte

Delyte Member

lopid2 - work on your letter structure, use bars to create the letters and stick with straight letters for now. Once you are good at that then you can start bending the bars.

19. crimateNC

crimateNC Senior Member

20. mindtrix350

The first one looks like it has no structure at all.
    I'm not sure what the second one says and I'm not too fond of how the style was executed. Start simple.