Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. toopski

toopski Guest

2. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Feature wall idea for a bedroom
    Alphabet.jpg

3. MakeHate

MakeHate Member

havent done too much piecing..all critz are highly appreciated trying to get better
    Snapshot_20110624.JPG

4. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

5. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

shroomsh wtf is that son, I hope you're not planning on telling us there's letters in there

6. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

aaha phat, it was gonna be an alphabet, but then i got cooked, so its just shapes, i think i can see an "s" an "a" and a "c" but yeah, i was baked

7. toopski

toopski Guest

i see a m s a g c e n and a w

8. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

@Shroomish, I managed to find all of them up to T last night, although it gets tricky around G.

@Outs, man you're not nearly good enough to be adding connections and extensions yet, so drop them. Go back to simple pieces and read the last several pages of this thread to see what I mean. You have no letter structure yet, your bar widths are all different, and your letter widths are bad too. Your O and S are wide but your U and T are very skinny. Also lose the bottom of the T. I hate that shape because I see it everywhere now. Don't tell me you came up with that yourself... it's so overplayed an unoriginal. Also drop the spirals. And the bottom of the S is too low.. make sure to keep the tops and bottoms of your letters lined up. Also your 3D might look better if it ended somewhere, but that's personal preference. Start doing keyboard letters until further notice.

@Tempo, you finally posted something simpler and it looks much better.

9. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Exchange with Lsd.

Self crits: downslope on top and the K is too far away from the other letters. Its pretty much wack none the less.
    Anything else?

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00141_20110625_151d46b6ea295ab25688e455a0bb3b477e.jpg

10. sir.to.you.

sir.to.you. Senior Member

11. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

hey bro what do u use for those white accent lines?

12. sir.to.you.

sir.to.you. Senior Member

13. wer2chosen

wer2chosen New Member

One quick question, sorry if this is the wrong place. I am so new, I am a happy meal toy, LOL

How do I keep my blackbook from bleeding through. When I see pics of others it looks like every page is covered. Do you put acrylic paint on the pages. When I work on a new design, the next 2 pages are crap to work on. I am using sharpies perm, paint and ad markers. Thanks for any help getting started.

14. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

theres a thread called TOY QUESTIONS
    anyway, put a piece of scrap paper behind what your coloring. ive never needed more then one to stop from bleeding to the next page.

bored and did some simple the other day. ive been way too lazy
    ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_0625112234a.jpg

15. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

yeah, lol it's a waste of ink. you didnt need to color the whole paper outside of the outline lol. realtalk, i'd fix the S.

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

that looks pretty cool, color the letters.

@shrooms you do oxi breh?

@toopski your R's be buggin the shit out of me bro, that first U up ther is dope tho

17. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

I know! I should do simples. I was bored:p Couldn't fit the R.

downsized_0625112335.jpg

18. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

tbh, i like your work shut, and nah just weed :)

19. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

Not even shrooms? They're in your name AND they're fun!

@AceK, man you still don't have your letter structure down yet. I'd go a little simpler and lose some of the curves that you have in your piece until you know where to put them / how they should form better. Also, that N is pretty hard on the eyes.

@Shut, yeah you should go simpler and there are a few things wrong with that sketch, but it's not too shabby overall. There's a decent amount of structure in there and some flow to it too. Keep it up.

20. dave the pirate

dave the pirate Senior Member