Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Graff2k11

Graff2k11 Member

View attachment 610219
    @hyphe looks a lot better colored.. but still no fan of straight letters. Check the new simp. Crits

2. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

The E is fucked up and none of the letters match, you need to practice straight letters to get your structure down.

3. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

@McSatan, your stuff is coming along but if you keep spending all your time on drawing squid, you'll never improve your letters. Keep at it though.
    @Xist, man, I like your stuff a lot, and that latest sketch is no different. And yes, there's nothing better than a female artist.
    @Slack, those letters are pretty whack, so it could help to do a few simples to get some structure down. Make sure you keep all your 3D the same depth. As for the A, I can't really crit the character.
    @Revn, seems like your hand is slightly shaky on that outline. I'd work on the top of the R if I were you. Besides that it's not that bad, just keep sketching.
    @Dank, I feel like some of those letters, namely the Y and P, are a little too jagged or something in their top halves. I'm also not digging the middle bar of the E or the way both of the other horizontal bars are slanted towards the middle.
    Haha dude, you should start doing some straight letters because you could definitely use it. And the "new simp"? Don't tell me you plan on rocking that any time soon. The E disappears into the S, the drop shadow is fucked up, and the letters are different styles.

Here's something I did when the other night when I was wasted. I was choosing what letter to write as I went, and when I got to "KALNOR" I realized that it was almost Ironlak backwards, so I threw in an I at the end. It's whack as fuck but I wasn't in the mindset to care.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3238/lakj.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  4. Sors

Sors Member

top piece by sors, bottom piece me [xist]
    crits?
    woeirj.jpg

5. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

are there any letters at all in there?

6. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Ahaha there was, but then i got cooked as usual, they read sors and xist but yeah dont give a fuck if ya cant read it, that wasnt the point of us doing this.

7. arsebanditskaelsucker

arsebanditskaelsucker Senior Member

cheers for the crit rasm :) yeah to be fair i've not drawn a thing for a while so everything is a little rusty....just had fun with that one...did look good until i overcooked it with the white on the 3d n also the 3d just went a bit to far.....but least i drew something for once and actually had time to finish it lol
    also the only thing i don't like or doesn't fit is the middle bar across the letter a on your backwards ironlak but other than that clean letter yo!
    sors n shroom....i likes bit mental can't read a fucking on it but just to look at and admire...spot it buddy :)
    danks- mega clean again bud i'd like to see you experiment more with the colour of your 3d and see if it will be trying to climb off the page lol
    2k11- consider even gaps between the letters and letter over laying each other a little too much in places...general stuff like that i think
    rev- agree with rasm neaten up those lines a little..needs to be a bit cleaner
    and thats the world put to rights for today lol :)

8. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

^yur comments to sors n shroom makes no sense what so ever... imo that shit he did with his buddy is fresh as hell... and that style is ment to pretty much just blow ur mind and u arent suppose to read it thats the point..
    thats fuckin cool really diggin em both!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  9. Dune

Dune New Member

Just starting

Hey Im fairly new to all this, feedback on the attatchment would be great!Its obviously not finished yet, but tell me what you think, Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

Shroomsh & Sors - nice job, i like them both a lot

Dune - go way simpler, git rid of all the extensions and arrows, cause right now it looks really bad

11. arsebanditskaelsucker

arsebanditskaelsucker Senior Member

one evil- your right its doesn't make any sense i just read it back to myself lol wot an arse i am pretty tired though
    ok so again in proper english this time i was trying to say:
    i can't make out what it says but just to look at and admire it, it is shit hot! :)
    that make more sense now? lol
    I can't make a biro work that well so i'm definatly not dissin it yo!

12. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Cheers everyone, im glad you realise that its just ment to look good and not readable, when i was doing this, i could visulize looking at somesort of building identical to what i wasnted to draw, and it worked :D

dune - your wildstyle is essentially built off of your simple style, which is why new people who try to go wild straight away cant, work on you simple until you have built some sexy as letters before you add on extensions, simples are very underated too, some of my favorite artists including askew and rime (bothe wild as fuck) do simples still and you can tell how developed and natural graffiti has become for them. Because there simples are the tits, i hope this helped

13. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

07-18-2011-19-55-12-241_edited-1-1.jpg
    i think this was good exsept the E needed to be moved down a bit and i the lines could have been cleaner

14. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

get rid of the shine and practice your simples.

15. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

The more time i spend on this site the more "Practice your simples" sounds like "Eat your vegitables"

16. Dune

Dune New Member

Alright thanks for the advice, I added to it and i think it looks pretty good. But il practice my simples and start from the bottom, sweet deal guys

17. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

no matter where you go, that's what you'll hear. you need to eat your vegetables to grow up to be big and strong the same way you needa practice your simples to make headway in becoming a decent artist.

18. Dune

Dune New Member

New 4.jpg

Attached Files:

19. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

bars are bad and arrows are just crap. It doesn't look good and has no flow.

20. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Dune - Looks like shit no hate it just does u said u know what to do so no excuses not to
    This is for Messer
    View attachment 610287
    crits?