Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SLVRONE

SLVRONE Member

2. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

3. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

Mcnasty mind giving me a second opinion on the concept i had going? just want to see if everyone thinks the concept wouldn't work

4. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

Ahah just cos its his fist post dont mean his new to graff, i quite like the top one, deffinately has letter structure, but still semi-wild, props

i take that back, the pieces looked way better in low res on my cheap ass phone, sorry

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  5. TastyMcNasty

mc satan, iif youre talking about the fear piece, then i suggest ditching the characs, and making all letters either capital or all lowercase, not both. and im still not sure what that person in the background is supposed to be..

and shroomsh, theres a bit of structure in that first flick from slvrone, but the extensions and add ons are wack! (no beef). and i sent him that link so he could learn how to do 3D (even tho the first flicks 3D is on point), and progressively add extensions, connections (etc.).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  6. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

basically concept is a lil kid wrapped up in blankets scared of the monster under the bed. the letters i will most likely change but i was wondering if the concept could work. make bed out of the letters then add the characters.i knwo this was done sloppy. but as i stated this was just a sketch to try and work out the concept on paper to see if it should be done or not

7. TastyMcNasty

oooohhhh i see it now >.> k, make all the letters the same height, and have the kid hiding in his blankets on the top of the letters, and have the monster underneath the letters... it looks awesome in my head hahhahaha

8. SLVRONE

SLVRONE Member

yea, thanks for the help guys ive been doing graff for probably about half a year now and was on youtube and got nice feedback but people there mostly don't really know alot so I decided I'd try here :D

9. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

looked awesome in my head too thats why i drew this lil sketch ill just do do simple straight letters then and do the fill as if where a bed so the ends wood-ish brown and the center some other color to look like the mattress wht you think? or just leave the whole bed idea out of it and make simple letters with whatever fill ?

10. TastyMcNasty

dont worry about the wooden fill, just do all the letters the same height so it creates like a bed top, have the kid up there and the monster underneath. just do like a single colour fill

11. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

allrite thanks, just gonna chill for a bit and start working on it

12. mista_dza

mista_dza Senior Member

DSC00303.jpg

lol wack handy on top, but some straight letter for Kilsr. Anyone else wanna do an exchange, between work and my new girl, all im doin now is rackin stuff for my homemade ink which i got a shit load of, so yeah im down for exchanges, pm me or hit me up on here. i write Del/ Delone

edit: only got one crit last page, moar opinions?
    DSC00302.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  13. thatguy1234

thatguy1234 New Member

Picture 011.jpg

my first simp ever.....crits would be nice

14. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

Good simp, but I would change the nub on the left side of the K, and make it just flat. That's my 2 cents. Oh, and the handy above it .. no me gusta

15. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

thicken up your outline lines broheem. E is aight but has more style(because of the amount of bending) than the rest of the letters. The right leg of the R is strange. The middle part of F and E look to small on this 1. Lastly if your going to start adding extensions you need to really pronounce them visually, cause right now your extensions are to small it makes look bad, like your A would look better if the top was flat instead of one bar ending above the other

17. Hulk

Hulk Member

SAM_0378.jpg
    .Its been awhile since i posted here.Trying to work on style. crits?

18. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

hulk ill be honest i cant make out the letters at all color and ink it though i wanna see it finished.

Mcnasty thanks for the help here is finished product

DSC00198.jpg

19. Hulk

Hulk Member

Mc- it was going to say "ocean" and have the tide go over it. but i just kindaa stopped. soo its at the OCE but alright ill probibly have it finished tonight

20. Mc Satan

Mc Satan Senior Member

on that case your letters and wave look more flame like to me try emulating the old school japanese way of drawing waves its more graff friendly