Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Mr. November

Mr. November Senior Member

Yo Skate I think the top picture straight letter might be the best straight letter I've seen you do. Real improvement, but you still need to be working on your letters.

Your tag and your throw need major renovation though. It doesn't really look like you've changed anything on your tag.

2. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

what do you think i need to change on my tag?

3. Mr. November

Mr. November Senior Member

You are trying to force style into your letters in a way that makes it not flow as well. the letter that needs the most work is your Y in my opinion.

4. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

thanks, yeah i dont know how to make my y work with the rest, ima screw around with my tag tonight and try to come up with something nicer.
    some more straight fuckery
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7144_6518467785_b0e6b0dfdf.png
    Picture 166 by akryllian through ya head, on Flickr

5. JUANASAUNA

JUANASAUNA Member

6. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

7. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

thats what ur shit used to look like, mn nice...

Attached Files:

8. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Emphasize on the "used to"

bump

9. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

MN - I think it'll look better if the loop on the U were on the outside of the U

Skate - Try keeping in mind bar width consistency throughout each letter

HAER - The bars on each of the letters are different, I don't know if that was deliberate or not and I don't think the C flows with the rest of the piece. I think it'll look better if there was some kind of consistent font style throughout the whole piece, or if you want to keep it varied like that I'd emphasize it more, like make it each letter drastically different, but each letter its self should have a consistent bar type throughout the individual letter. Also, the way the letters are set up, the H should be making a shadow on about half of the A ect., etc...

View attachment 618441

View attachment 618442

View attachment 618443

View attachment 618444

View attachment 618445

View attachment 618446

View attachment 618447

View attachment 618448

View attachment 618449

View attachment 618450

View attachment 618451

10. gemer

gemer Senior Member

like to see the freestyles shell nice simples there comin along

11. BigBend

BigBend Member

aight thankx shell ill keep it in mind next time and yes they were deliberality drawn different like that

12. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

Working on my structure - this is supposed to be a simple, but I still fucked about with it. Worth inking? I kinda like it (it's pay day today!)
    pay.jpg

13. centrysam

centrysam Senior Member

14. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

Too many chips and breaks? Maybe i'll cut a few back - do they break letter structure? I like yours there sir, the second one looks sweet but I can't read it.

15. PETER

PETER Elite Member

bigbend: Using a pencil make 12 1"x1" boxes that are connected in a row (very ligthly). Then starting at black fade to white. Try to have a smooth even fade from one to the next with no hard pencil lines. Try holding the pencil under hand so you get more surface of the graphite on the paper.

16. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

I really need to stop rushing these... =/

IMAG0157.jpg

17. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

No, you just need to make cleaner lines. It's all practice.

18. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

What do you reckon to my sketch Phil? Went back to simpler style, and really worked hard on structural integrity... Too many breaks?

(I also accepted my place as toy ;) )

19. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

It's not that there are too many, there's too much space between your breaks. Make them less exaggerated, and it'll look better. Make your P bend like the Y. The A should be completed on the bottom, or else it looks like some weird letter that doesn't exist. And try not to sketch your letters. Use single, clean lines. It'll help you when you're painting, too.

20. Wonky

Wonky Senior Member

Yeh I made some adjustments already - it's sketched because I was trying really hard to get structure right. I'm gonna rub it right back and go again in clean single lines. I have fixed the a, I might have to do some work on the curves. There is so much more to getting this shit looking just right than I realised. I now realise what a fucking toy I am lol