Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

MN - i really like the top one, u should give it some 3d now
    Wonky - the last one is the best, but the K to S connection is really bad

wtf, why am i not getting any crits on mine?? can i get some crits now

2. Mori

Mori Senior Member

MN dope on the top. Would be fire with an outline and 3d. Roller steeze

3. Lado

Lado Senior Member

4. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

The reason why it may seem like my shit looks like ribs is because I like how his work has great structure to his letters, so I wanted to make sure that I get a solid understanding of my bars before I try to add some funk to it. And after doing that and posting it on here to get some crits, people just assume i'm trying to jack his work and make it mine. But its not like that at all, if you were to look at any other of my works you would see that I'm trying to get my own steeze rollin. It'd be completely different story if everything I posted was similar to his. but hey, I'm toy and I'm just trying to learn. All writers flourish off each other as well as inspire others.

But thanks for all the good looks on the upper one guys, I probably will throw some 3d and an outline on, but should I do white 3d and a colored outline?

@Lado - if you did both of those, you have good structure but your extensions are not working well. That Lest piece would be great if the the bottom bars weren't barely hanging on and the Dotch one would be better if your D was a bit bigger to match the T and the extension on the H is breaking the flow. Keep sketching.

5. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

MN - white 3d and colored outline sounds like it would look really cool on that, but make sure u outline it with a bright color so it really pops

6. cwks

cwks Banned

7. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

^^well you can tell your buddy to start doing Keyboard letters cause those suck

8. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Yo wake, the second one is the only good one. Use the structure from that to start making other letters. Keep developing that, and you'll have a solid idea for structure in no time. I really recommend doing an alphabet to be well rounded, but a lot of people just focus on the letters in their name.

9. Lado

Lado Senior Member

Word! Thanks a lot man, I wasn't too hot with the D on the dotch piece, but I really appreciate this.

10. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

bump for crits
    horse shoe.JPG
    swerve.JPG
    ^^slightly changed the E and A
    dead.JPG

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

y u mad tho?
    the proportions in the first one are off
    and you really took your revenge in the second one... kinda went overboard with the curves didn't you? lol, I mean it ruined allll the letters there, I'm seeing random e's and P's and g's and o's in places they shouldn't be

12. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

13. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

I dig this one. Crit it.

Mues - That top one is boss.

Wonky - Forget your instincts and trying to make it look good, do straights. Shit like SkateJunt is doing.

Skate - You're getting better, you just need more practice is all. It looks like you have the eye for even bars, it's just you can't really outline it well with a marker (I do this in every piece). You'll get better. Keep it up.

IMAG0163.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  14. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

thanks man, i like how that extension on the s looks. and sharpies arent the best for outlining, they dont flow at all on paper, and theyr just horrible overall, but im not trying to make excuses, i just dont take that much time on drawing straights, im just trying to get some nice letters that i can go and paint

15. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

The one I posted is actually on copy paper, outlined with a sharpie. I understand completely.

16. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

yeah on copy its a lil nicer, but on lined and graph paper its nasty, and thats a sick colour of sharpie, whered you find it?\edit: nevermind haha i have that coulour it was just deep under alot of papers

17. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

^ Just the outline is sharpie dude, the colors are prismas. I hate sharpies, but my blacks on my prismas are both more deceased than JFK.

18. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

i need to grab myself some propper paint markers, maybe il buy some if i get any cash for christmas

19. gemer

gemer Senior Member

20. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member