Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

Dope G, what's the second letter?

And the only thing I don't like is the arrow.

2. SinsAndInk

SinsAndInk Senior Member

IMG_0167.jpg
    My doodle of the day,i can't color but i love these crayolas haha.

doogy-i hate your letters but i fuck with your character and your tag.
    Rike-keep doing those simples just work on keeping that bar thickness consistent.
    ahem-id say loose the shit in your letters and do a drop down 3d that falling in 3d doesnt look right with your letter angles.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  3. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

*Edit*
    This piece is just embarrasingly bad. The initial outline felt so dope then I inked it and it turned into garbage. Removing it.

4. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Just keeping on with the simples for now. I think this one's a bit better consistency wise than the last.
    My own crits for myself, the e is too far out. Should be overlapped a little more. That, and the continuation of the bar from the leg of the r shouldn't be there. Anybody else got something for me?
    IMG_20161213_221358625.jpg

Edit: wanted to throw this outline in here too. I'm not feeling the e too much but whatever, crits for this too if you don't mind
    IMG_20161213_231353359.jpg

5. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

Bt, personally I want to see some stuff with just plain bars. Imo I don't really like the i mixed in with uppercase letters but if you like it i'm fine with it. But back to plain bars, make your name with bars and don't erase any of the bars, I hope you get what I mean because I'm bad at explaining. Post it and I'll crit from there. Try other letters as well, mix it up a bit man.

6. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

@sinsandink, I dig that shit man, my coloring skills are about 1/8 of what you can do lol, I really need to work on my fills.

7. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

Sins - I'm not sold on that O, looks like a W that connects at the top. K looks good, but the extended bar from the bottom-right leg and the same bit in the counter of the A isn't working IMO. Y is your best letter.

Pie - That happens to me all the time.

Rike - You have the right idea and solid proportions, but your strokes/bars aren't matching up correctly. Perhaps a mishap when outlining?

IMG_20161213_221358625Rev.jpg

8. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

Oh shoot and Ahem your stuff is actually pretty killer. Can't wait for you to add color to that piece man!

9. SinsAndInk

SinsAndInk Senior Member

rike-i honestly think you need to draw bigger and wacth your follow throughs,it's hard for me to explain what i mean,i'll try to edit/draw something up to show you.I also think maybe you should fuck with some lined paper your letter size shifts alot.I have that problem to some times,sometimes i do it on purpose as well but i dont think that was the case in that drawing.Im digging your name though.I might just drop a sketch with those letters just to fuck around
    puts-uhhhh colors are my least favorite thing about art,i have a horrible time telling the defference between most greens/blues/purples and red/oranges/pinks.I have to force my self just to do that trashy shit,and even then patterns in fills go right over my head.
    ahem-Lol if that o looks like a w you got problems mang,i agree with everything else you said.
    some more doodles for the talk.
    IMG_0175.jpg IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0180.jpg
    idk why the fuck i made that o so massive....

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  10. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Thanks for the crits guys, appreciate it. I'll work on that structure more, and I'll start drawing bigger. And sins, thanks man. It'd be cool to see your take on the name. I dig those pieces too

11. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

Sins - Much better, but to my point earlier, the previous O didn't have correct structure.

IMG_0167.jpg

12. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Barred out for puts XD not a fan of the e, need to work on it. I think the structure on this is decent though
    IMG_20161214_102126324.jpg

13. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

Hey thats not too bad. I think the bar in the middle of the E should be extended a bit tho.

14. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

I agree with you XD would probably look better that way. I'll remember that for the next one, thanks man

15. Agus Wibowo

Agus Wibowo Senior Member

16. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Sal that's dope. The only thing that really bugs me is how the l hooks under the s so far
    Trying for a consistent and simple alphabet. Started on b for some reason, I'll go back and do the a though. looking pretty generic, granted that's kind of the idea. Thoughts?

17. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Sal that's dope. The only thing that really bugs me is how the l hooks under the s so far
    Trying for a consistent and simple alphabet. Started on b for some reason, I'll go back and do the a though. looking pretty generic, granted that's kind of the idea. Thoughts?
    IMG_20161214_125935512.jpg
    Sorry for weird lighting, i was in the car.

Edit: don't know why it posted twice. Sorry about that.

18. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

Looking better for sure, perhaps thin out the letters a bit. I find that fatter letters are best for straights.

19. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Alright. I'll finish this one up and post, then I'll try a thinner one

20. lse292

lse292 Senior Member