Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. cincygraff

cincygraff Member

ny fats good fat line but dont empty the can out perfect pressure. you can also get medium lines too

2. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

stick a knife in the can and go to town

3. chumbawamba

chumbawamba Member

this may seem like a dumb question but...

i recently got an order from BS (everything's great btw, and really quick shipping too)

except the ny thins (well the one i tried) don't fit on ANY of my cans...i have montana (hc/gold), sabotaz, belton, and ny fats go on smooothly and rule.

so why is this happening?

4. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

uhhhh cause the ny thin is not really made to be on expensive cans they only work on american cans
    like rusto krylon americas fines ect

5. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

they are called skinny pro or alien caps i think

6. Lumen

Lumen Member

Rusto Thins- I love these and are my goto cap. I either order them or rack em off of the stoner glass cleaner. Also there is another cheap glass cleaner from Family Dollar that carries rusto thins. They always leave nice crisp lines and you can back up a little and slow down for a nice fatter line.

New York Thins- I hate these caps, imo they are the same as rusto thins except the cap is uncomfortable to use, the line is SOFT, not hard and they seem to clog faster for me on older cans of paint...

Rusto Fats- Love these bad boys and usually keep a few in the pocket. Solid, fat lines with hard edges- quick fills or fat ass outlines in seconds. Once in a while the little disc thing blows off but other than that these seem to work wonders. I store mine in some paint thinner and they seem to last forever. Plus they work amazing on Rusto paint.

NY FATS- I have nothing bad to say about these either. I prefer the rustos over them, but all my experience with them has been on rusto cans and they seem to leak at the valve. It's not that comfortable of a spray and i think the rustos lay a fatter line.

PINK DOTS- Good GOD! these will empty a can in minutes and leave crazy fat lines on the wall. I love these for bombing/tagging and doing flares. I'm not a big fan of using these for fills unless its a HUGE fill because so much paint comes out. IMO little, low pressure cans and a pink dot are a ridiculous mix for tags. The fat cap on those little tiny pocket cans is like painting with a pen the size of one of those water noodle floating things-

Grey DOTS- didnt really find a use for these, they seemed to be comparable to the rusto stock cap but in my opinion the stock caps leaves a thinner cleaner line than these.

others....

Stoner Glass cleaner, Elmers spray adhesive, the aerosol tire bug and tar remover from cheap aisles, wd40 tips altered with razorblade and a lil heat, carb cleaner- this is a big white bottle that says carb cleaner, its like 8 bucks for it, but the cap is easy to rack. Those lines are line a mini fire extinguisher. It makes a crazy loud noise and leaks paint like crazy but boi will it go places

So over all I keep some stock tips for sketches, rusto fats, and rusto thins....the rest sit there in pill bottles waiting to see some color

7. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member

after seeing how you paint im not going to trust your judgement

8. Lumen

Lumen Member

yea good luck wit that...let me know how it turns out lol, i didnt know there was a problem with how I judge line weight and thickness.

9. upper90daynnight

upper90daynnight Senior Member

lmao

10. skinaone

skinaone Elite Member

11. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

sekt cap and some painters 2x is the bees knees ladies

12. Juelz Santana

Juelz Santana Senior Member

the cap off elmers spray glue

13. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

^this

carb and choke cleaner caps for ghetto extinguishers and mixing caps, old premium decor stocks are great outline caps, appliance epoxy/plastidip stock calligraphy caps... etc

never understood people paying for caps, especially off of the internet, they are in 90% of the stores you go into

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  14. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Probably just because of how much fatter or skinnier different caps are online. I myself have bought 10 rusto fats online, but that's it, and that was about 2 years ago. Nowadays, I just go into Michael's, rack some spray adhesive caps and be on my way.

15. Juelz Santana

Juelz Santana Senior Member

dont buy caps just go into any store and steal a bunch and then test them.the caps you usually buy are the same ones from a store but with jacked up price for fool ass kids to buy with there montanas mom paid for

16. SilentVandal

SilentVandal Senior Member

ASTRO fats and German Outlines. great for bombing.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  17. lovegood

lovegood New Member

I didn't read all 162 pages, so I apologize if it hasn't been posted yet, but;
    elmer's spray adhesive caps are nice fat caps if you don't have access to retail caps.

18. cadillac

cadillac Member

Chrome dollar cans with astro n dollar blak with ny fats

19. RETZONE

RETZONE Member

HAHA dollar cans and NY fats...........get your flare on!

20. Dreg one

Dreg one Member

Has anyone had issues with Rusto female valves lately? I grabbed some of those Sekt adapters a while back and they are great, they might actually last until i lose them. But I noticed that it is clogging the shit out of my valves, I have 3 half empty cans of rust matte black at home, ill have to puncture them, can't be cleaned and the little plastic valve extender is NOT clogged, it looks clean to me. This ONLY happen to me after using the Sekt adapter. Is it just the shitty valves? or is it the adapter that's causing this? I have already contacted Rusto and they are oblivious.