Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Country Crunk Milk Shakes - Underground HIPHOP(daily updates)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeSuS_KRiST, Oct 25, 2004.

Share This Page

1. scarface

scarface Elite Member

Not very underground more mainstream but av u guys heard bout game he bin kicked out of g-unit

2. scarface

scarface Elite Member

50, accompanied by Banks, Olivia and Yayo was on Power 105, talking greasy about Game.

Game was on Hot 97.

Game is no longer a part of the G-Unit click.

The 50 interview was abruptly interupted by his bodyguards, who told them that they had to leave the studio immediately.

Guns were fired, and a man was hit three times.

ScArFaCe

3. NeO.Skunkkr1

NeO.Skunkkr1 Senior Member

50 cent etc. fuck em all, oh btw dope shit gesus, forgot to say that earlier

4. scarface

scarface Elite Member

It seems to me a lot of you on here seem like you genuwinely hate him lol...

I dont get it..

I dont know if it's cus hes making money, cus he gets more attention than lyrical legends like Nas and Jay, I dont know what it is... But NO ONE seems to like this guy...

He's said many times, "new york citys own, bad guy"... How can you hate someone who wants to be hated? LOL... You all are only feeding his ego by hating him... 50's said in interviews, "guys in barbershop right now are saying how much they hate me, If I was someone looking at me right now I'd hate me..." WOW, lol...

You guys are all seirous, "he's bad for the hiphop community, " he's bad for the black community... Omg... yall really hate this guy, and the funny, hilarious, histerical part of it is.. It's a victory in his mind to piss you idiots off..

Good Nite..

5. NeO.Skunkkr1

NeO.Skunkkr1 Senior Member

his music is garbage, and i would hardly call 'nas' or 'jayz'(if thats the jay your talking about) lyrical legends, i wouldnt even call them artists, they are merely business men.

6. scarface

scarface Elite Member

Nas is straight thug u forgettin tha early days

7. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

yo neo. knows whats he/she's talkin about nas and jayz aint no lyrical masterminds there just people who are in the industry who CAN rap ..

the beef i was with fiffty cent is how he calls himself hiphop and all he does is talk about how hes been shot 1000 times and still not dead, all the bitches he gets, all the drugs he does blahblahblah he does nothign but kick fake shit... underground hiphop is about having somthing to relate to you feel me

im sorry i jsut cant relate to be shot 9 times while driving my benz on 5000 inch rims in the club with a bottle full of bub type of shit.... dont get me wrong 50 cent can rap his underground shit was dope but he just did what every one emcee out there was was halfway thug and half way decent did which is decided to talk about the life they dream of and the life that other "thugs" dream of having and some people relate to that but those heads are the type to be liek "yo niggah why u be look at my liek u thinking somthings up blahblahblah" and your like kid i wasnt even lookin at u i mean u dont see no hiphop kid do that u look at them theyll nod there head possibly strike a converstion

hiphops about the love and spreading the relgion not about fake ass thug bull shit... Avos your my homie i know u feel stong on this subject matter kick somthing for these fools sence u n me are kinds the godfaughters fo the underground hip hop thread

8. FatMasterSlim

FatMasterSlim Senior Member

personally Im getting a little sick of all of your backpacker bullshit after a while...Nas is one of the best MCs that hiphop has ever seen, Illmatic is a classic album that will be played for years and years to come. I dont care if your guys opinions on mainstream is that you dont like it, but to say that every one in it is just for the money that your lying to yourselves, I garuntee that any underground artist would come to the mainstream to get there music exposed and make a living in a second. Talib Kweli all of them that started underground the best eventually migrate to the top where they get exposure.

Mainstream is music that sells, are you going to sit here and tell me that Run DMC, A Tribe Called Quest, and De La Soul all were sorry because they were mainstream? And yes they were mainstream in their day. Underground artists all have their time and place, but they are underground because only a few heads have heard them they are underground as of now because they are trying to break ground to get the exposure to their lyrics and music that they want...

So open your minds and dont get stuck in your backpacker rut that all you can do is listen to your Del Tha Funky Homosapian or Jean Grey or whoever you are telling yourself that is the only real hiphop and what you hear on a radio is not. Its the same thing in different styles if your favorite artist moved to the mainstream you would stop liking them because now they are money loving fools and purely buisness men?

my rant is done think about what your telling yourself

FAT

9. haze519

haze519 Senior Member

does any1 know of any places online, or in store to buy -non phixion or any other artists under unlce howie records- cds for cheaper.. at like hmv nd sunrise they want like fucking $25 each! pm me

10. scarface

scarface Elite Member

Thankyou plus game started off underground on black wall street i got tracks from '03 with him an his brother freestylin

11. FatMasterSlim

no problem man I have no problem with people listening to underground and liking it more than mainstream but do not for a second say mainstream artists are trash and are all for the money...

FAT

12. scarface

scarface Elite Member

i think bang em' smurf and silver backs are good underground shit

13. AtiK

AtiK Member

FAT, i agree with you for the most part. The where you said if a UG emcee could a mainstream deal they would take it in a second I don't believe it true. I know for a fact that Immortal Techinque was offered a deal by Sony and DefJam and didn't take it.

As for mainstream rappers eh there is alot of crap out there but there are like really nice ones. but the reason why i don't like mainstream is the way its marketed. These new rappers they got outsuch as Cassidy, LilBW, Lil Scrappy; they are all marketed for adolecent girls. I aslo don't like how "G-unit" sells 800k records a piece and they can't rap.

That's my 2cents.

14. scarface

scarface Elite Member

wat the fuk u on nigga they cant rap wat u deaf it called G-unit radio mate

15. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

ok man im taking this as a huge low blow becase i am a backpacker u have a point about a few mainstream cats that were underground that went mainstream, but i mean yo stirght up where talkin about 50cent here not de la, krs, tribe, ect...

theres a big diffrence to that then 50cent, and they do change when we make money i mean look at mos def that guys a FUCKING ASSHOLE now ( i know cas i know ALOT of emceees) dude wouldnt even sign any autographs for fans who waited outside for the show, he came over and HOUR late to the show (which was 35$ to get in) he made a massive amount of racist comments and a bunch of other stuff.... mosdef used to be about spreading the love now hes about the love for money he didnt do that shit when he was underground even there style of music changes EX. blackilious, talib, jurassic 5, mosdef, EMINEM!!!!!!!, ect.... all there stlyes changed whichs hurts me the most as a hardcore hip hop fan...

some cas still spit like insanely sick but there topics changed to where the younge REAL HIP HOP youth cant relate and i feel thats apersonal attack on the people who got them there if it was never for US the fans they wouldnt be shit! and now they turn there back and act like we never did shit for them fuck that man... please respond i like getting into conversations like this i like to see peoples veiws who actually explain them not just say "fuck thats your stuipd" kinda bullshit

respect

16. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

scarface shut the fuck up and stop talkin trash about how g units god

17. scarface

scarface Elite Member

yo fuk this shit it aint worth tha hassle

18. FatMasterSlim

yea Scar your not really helping the cause there man...

Gesus, start off by saying I respect ya too for not doing exactly that what scar just demonstrated by saying that mess but instead voicing your opinion for real props...

now for our lil conversation...

I agree whole heardtly with you about the 50 cent thing, he is what many would call a sellout however I think that definition needs a little tweaking, 50 Cent made a very impressive debut in my mind with Get Rich or Die Trying, he dropped some really ill mess that showed that he does have what it takes to be an MC, he has some very deep lyrics on a few tracks and his party tracks were as always great for the club.

So he soldout, he did what he had to do to make his hustle work, he continued to make party tracks cause thats what he got famous for, so now you are left with a decent MC who has I would prefer "evolved" rather than sold out to make money, you are left with an album like the massacre which is all Club tracks and one diss tracks adn than trash but it will still sell millions...50 Cent did what he had to do, straight up talking G Unit here I agree with you on this one point, 50 Cent is not an emulation of what hiphop was in the golden era which is what I prefer, but you have to admit that hip hop has changed wheather for what we think better or worse it doesn't matter, its more popular than ever and it will continue to change, the move back towards lyricism will come which brings me to my next topic thing...

This movement back to lyrics and "intelligent" hiphop featuring more MCs like Nas, and Talib Kweli will come, hiphop moves in phases, it began with the Run DMC killing beats left and right just to make a name for themselves, they did similar to 50 Cent what they had to do to get their money, however we like to think they did it to expand their music, which is to a degree true but they evolved just like 50 and opened ther door for hiphop, than everything came streaming through, smart raps old school style, hiphop than moved on to gangsta era which we all know featuring N.W.A and Ice Cube and finally moving back to lyricism with Quest, KRS and so fourth.

I would argue that hiphop is just moving back into a gangsta phase after a period of lyriscm and it will make a turnaround again in the upcoming years...

So with that said, what do most of your preferred underground artist rap about? youd like to think more intelligent and important things, so in a couple years I would say these underground are going to move to the foreground, and they will no longer be the underground, imtelligence and thought will be teh mainstream and will you still like them than? Or are you stuck in the mindset that I just want to be different and be saying different stuff other than the radio?

Gesus you have good points man and I respect that HipHop is a real interprative thing and its really what you make it, I just dont like people ignoring tons of artists just because they are mainstream...

and if I insulted you by calling you a backpacker that wasn't the intention, thats just what I seem to know you by...

I enjoyed this and if you dont know about the old school get educated because thats where it all began and no one can touch my Tribe Called Quest underground or mainstream...

props one...

FAT

19. bayareabomber

bayareabomber Member

ayone ever herd of andre nicotina?

20. scarface

scarface Elite Member