Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Ever Get Caught Or Almost Caught?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by "SOAP", Jun 12, 2005.

Share This Page

?

wheres ur fav place to tag?

1. bathrooms

13.9%
  2. under bridges

26.1%
  3. skools

4.0%
  4. trains

14.2%
  5. tunnels

9.1%
  6. other

32.9%
  1. peacebomb

peacebomb Senior Member

Today i was posting posters under this bridge and was atempting to get a poster on all 7 pillars. When i just got done number 3 the cops rolled up and i had to book. Then i was crossing this street and a cop pulled over and got out and yelled at me for jay walking then he said he had a reason to search my bag. He looked at the wheat paste and everything and was like ok you can go now i thought you were spraying under the bridge. LOL

2. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

3. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

last night, bombing a bridge, cars past every two minutes. I lay down in bushes a lot.

4. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

alot of bridges have bushes on them then i guess huh?.

or were you talking about under the bridge

5. returned

returned Member

i got caught taggin this bathroom up wit ma crew, we all got on tape cuz they had a camera aimed into the bathroom but not acutally in it cuz some fag walked in... We got outta it though cuz the ppl were mad chill. Funniest thing was when they said, "whatever you guys wrote seems to not be coming off anytime soon." ma boy used a mop with his homemade ink

6. PeeInTheShower

you and your crew are some scary mother fuckers. i've heard about you guys.

just please, whatever you do, stay away from south florida. we don't want trouble.

7. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

You tagged a bathroom with your crew? HAHAHAH

8. PeeInTheShower

haha one time at my highschool i went in the bathroom to smoke a cigarette and there were 4 kids in one stall giggling. i think they were doin' bumps of yay off each other's weiners.

9. Subconcious

Subconcious Senior Member

Dudes... I got caught for the first time last night.

First, I live in a small town, I mean it's got an uptown and downtown and a population of a few thousand at least, but it's small enough to go "all-city" in a single late night of bombing. So the past year or so I've been absolutely crushing my town. You couldn't stand on main street and not see a tag of mine at all. Stickers, markers, paint, pastes, everything. Think of how much you could bomb in a year...

So it was like 10pm and I was riding my bike home, dropping a few tags... I stop at a light post and take out my marker. Nobody ever says anything around here if you're writing with a marker so I don't look around at all, I don't look at the oncoming traffic, I just do it. I get half way done with my tag when a car slows to a stop beside me. It was right next to a red light so I didn't really pay any mind to a stopping car. Well I finish my tag and look over to see a cop walking around the front of the car looking at me. I think about running but I didn't wanna ditch my bike and I had a heavy backpack with my computer in it so I just stand there panicking. He goes "So... You're Mr. REOR, huh? You've been busy lately." He's got my arm by now and I'm just like "Oh fuck. Son of a bitch. Yeah... I've definitely been busy..."

I know guys, I know I should of just fucking ditched the bike and just booked it, but I panicked! I was just shocked, I mean he was 5 feet away before I even noticed him! So he cuffs me, takes my knife and phone and backpack and puts me in back. By chance, my sis had been driving by and stopped when she saw me and she was like "WTF? Is that you, Evan?" (Evan is my real name) The cop just puts me in and tells her he caught a kid doing graffiti; my sis is just like "Yup. That's him."

So he takes me down and I figured if I play it real cool, he might be nice and let me go. So I'm just cracking jokes with him and laughing and talking like we were buddies. And he starts being cool, laughing at my jokes and talking about graffiti. He brings me into the holding cell and starts looking though my bag. He takes out and looks through EVERYTHING. He takes my paint, my markers, my Smash ink, my caps, anything remotely related to graff. He DOESN'T notice my blackbook! So he starts putting everything back and he asks about the other two notebooks. He goes "Your sketches in these notebooks?" I go "Nah, the other noteboo... Yes. My sketches are in that book." and he's like "What other notebook?" so he opens my bag again and spots the hidden zipper, unzips it, and you should have seen his "Jackpot!" face... I just thought "...oh shit... I just fucked myself in my fucking asshole..."

So he opens it and he starts smiling that stupid "Got ya!" smirk. But I'm cooperative, I still intended to be let off easy. He's flippin through it and I say "What d'ya think?" He says "It's pretty good stuff. There's some decent artwork in here," and the next thing he said made me so proud of myself, he said "I've seen your work. I've seen it in the next town over too, in the old school, I've seen your stickers. It's good work, I mean you have talent, but it's still illegal. You know we've been looking for you for a while, you were on our top 5 list of wanted locals." or something to that effect. Inside I was kind of proud.

He keeps looking through it and sees all the tags of other local artists. He asks me if I was The Pink Painter, JKC, Late, and a few others. I say no, but then he asks if I knew any of them and smiles at me. I say no... and he says ok an continues flipping through. I was so relieved that he didn't make the connection between getting tags in your book and physically meeting other writers.

Then he asks what COH meant. (COH is my brother, a lesser-known writer, but up enough that people know he runs with MBK) He says he's seen COH with MBK under it so he knows I know what it is. I just make up some bullshit and say "Oh, you've probly seen it next to many taggers' names, it's basically a territory shout, it means you own the territory and no other artists can paint there.. He buys it like a can of soda.

So at the end of the night I get charged with 2 misdemeanors, he confiscated everything except my computer (it was completely within his power to take that, too, but he said he wasn't going to be a dick since I was so cooperative.) and he let's me go. I have my court date on the 9th. He never came to my house to see the 50-something cans of paint in plain view of the front entranceway.

10. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

i know this is gunna be small compared to Mr. ROER's great story but,

ive almost been caught multiply times, when i first started writing i was doing little shit like hitting my name up on a pole and i remember i was tagging on this pole and a guy walks out of the apartment building behind and sees me an doesn't say a god damn thing,

then when i got more into tagging i remember it was mid-day, i was with 4 of my friends and i had a can of paint, there was this little nook on a busy street but the nook was big enough to not be seen by cars at the intersection that are stopped, so i go into the nook and hit up my name, then my friends are all like "yo hit me up" so im like fuuuuck, i do it and right when i get done with the last name i came out of the nook and a cop was turning the corner at the same time, luckily right before he turned a bus pulled up so he couldnt see that there was fresh tags in the nook.

then when i really got bold i was doing a throwy fill-in so i get done with the out line an start shading in the first letter then i turn around and see a guy on his cell phone mad dogging me and shit so i just out lined it in black and got my can and camly walked away and the guy followed me for a block straight then i turned a corner and booked it to my house before he could catch up.

11. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

i got cuaght hella times in my first year becuase i was a stupid cunt who never ran and was dumb and told people that i wrote.i got snitched on twice and went to jail.one time i go cuaght and another time i didnt even do the shit but got arrested for it anyways.i was basicly framed for some random tags and shit.but ive grown up and gotten smarter and its been chill.

words of advice.dont talk to anyone about it.dont even hint at it(graffiti)
    learn to run fast and dont forget to tie your fucking shoes up.
    if your gonna keep your sketches.keep them well organized and all in one place so if you do need to ditch that shit you can and dont have to go crazy searching your house for your random sketches paranoid about when your gonna get raided...but its been about a while since ive been caught...

12. Clown705

Clown705 Banned

i aint sure if its good to even trust your friends with them knowing you write graffiti because if they get questioned they will obviously rat you out or the cops will prolly blame them. sometimes you get burnt red handed for graf when a friend asks why your fingers are all blue and white or if they look through your stuff and finds your binder with sketches or w/e. i try to not let alot of people know and if too many people find out, even my friends i just change my name.

roer, since you tagged your whole town, wouldnt you be charged with alot more counts of vandalism. like if you were that wanted in a small town it would prolly be pretty easy to nab you

13. PeeInTheShower

looks like you need to get some new friends.

i know for god damn sure, with no doubt in my mind, that if any one of the heads i chill with get pulled over, and cops come on some "we know what buddy writes, just become a witness in court to help prosecute" my friends will tell them "i don't know what the fuck you're talking about". every single time.

14. -Dank-DK-

-Dank-DK- Elite Member

i have got caught i was walkin home and i tagged this bow thing and a old ass stupid republic bitch was jogging on the other side of the street and she fuckin followed me home and called the cops

i swear if i find where she lives

15. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

damn i got caught this morning about 5 or 6 am but nuttin happened, i was doing a quick character so i fill in first then the out line then put my tag by it and but oner after my tag and i walked like 3 feet from the spot and some fag across the street was like "You needa get a new carreer kid, that shits kinda stupid" and i was like fuck you and turned the corner and did a 2 block U turn to lose the faggot and then i got on the bus and everything was cool. I'm mad now cuz i was on the bus and it drove by the spot today and that shit was buffed already, i guess the faggot got it buffed out quick just to get me mad.

16. proNYNJA

proNYNJA Senior Member

same wit the people i hang wit, and also 2/3 of the people i hang with write them selfs so i know they wont snitch unless they wanna get their ass beat.

17. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

damn roer talk about being stupid

18. stevefrench

stevefrench Senior Member

19. JustChillin

JustChillin Senior Member

My old name use to be Krimz but that got burned out. I was considered Up as far as tags go and the city that i live in greatly frowns upon graffiti and tagging. One day a cop pulls one of my friends aside because he was once busted for tagging and he as other shit on his record. The cop said he would give him a reward if he pointed who whos tags these were and then he handed him the list and I was on it. He said no as far as that goes. Then a week later we have the administrators and cops checking all the classes for tags and shit on binders and notebooks. My friend texted me before they came into our room so I had the chance to ditch my notebook in the trash and rip up the papers before they came. Close call.

20. Fury

Fury Elite Member

^ your city needs to chill the fuck out.