Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

growin up in chicago seeing it everywhere....me always artistic...sein that shit inspired me to want to make shit like that if not better

dont live in chicago no more...but lived there till i was 15...been doin this street art shit for a good 5-6 years

2. tesk

tesk Member

MY FRINDS GOT ME INTO GRAF.

3. DC_Crane

DC_Crane Senior Member

I lived in Chicago until I was 18...what part did you live in?

4. kila

kila Senior Member

i was 7 and went to the diner with thw hole family and saw my cuzin carving shit in the seat next to me. then he did my name and ever since then it was on.

5. kila

kila Senior Member

i was 7 and went to the diner with thw hole family and saw my cuzin carving shit in the seat next to me. then he did my name and ever since then it was on. :D

6. thegreatfrenchpoptart

thegreatfrenchpoptart Member

its sorto long but eh......

One day me and my friend were hangin out sleepin over and stuff at his house and i noticed he had loads of spraypaint in his garage which was his dads and i said lets paint our boards because we skate and all well he wasnt to into but i always loved the idea of it and all and next thing ya know next day he prints out stencils and went on here and got a blackbook and prismas and became obbsessed and i wasnt as much but now i am we got other people and a crew and we all sketch and have fun soo yea

7. epikstyles

epikstyles Senior Member

one day i puked all over my face, and smeard it all over the wall. and my freind startd laughing. i took this as a compliment to what i had created. the ultimate form of art. and then it began

8. Nitro_99

Nitro_99 Member

what the fuck ^^^^^^^^^^

9. stewa_sk8

stewa_sk8 Senior Member

:p :p

i can't remember ...
    I saw some graff in capital city ... so I was like : "why doesen't my town have any of those ... " so , first graff was painted , and second one was just behind ... so here I am ...
    I think thats the story ...

10. taxus

taxus Senior Member

Marc Echo game. You can do mad graff tags innit...

11. MARZ

MARZ Member

word, i remember i started graff in grade..ughht..10. I had two dumbass in my class that had failed grade 10 math like 3 times (they were much older then me) and i started hanging around them and one day in class buddy pulls out his blackbook and starts workin on a piece and i was facinated.. He showed me how to form letters and shit and i have been working and dropping bombs ever since. I have come hella long way from where they started me, but they were hardcore in throws and tags so i became hella good at my handstyles

12. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

from the looks of ur sketch battle entry, u havent come 2 far...

13. capo93

capo93 Senior Member

wow im slightly dissapointed :p

14. KoOl-AiD

KoOl-AiD Senior Member

BUHHH-ZINGGG!!!!1!!

15. SHOCK707

SHOCK707 Member

just goin to underground concerts seein the magazines and thn looking around town finding graff all over the place ive decided to start

16. TalibKweli

TalibKweli Elite Member

you should decide to stop

17. Juststreet

Juststreet Member

i got in to graff cuz i used to just make a mess on busses like "YO KID DRAW "I LOVE JIM" ON THA BUS SEAT" kind a think and i already liked graff cuz of the letters and characters ........anyway i did a lot of These and i started to and some style to dem and from that i got a name and the story goes on anyway thats how i got into graff..

18. shifty_ruc

shifty_ruc Senior Member

My bro was hella in to street art but I didn't really pay attention to it until I was like 13, than I was like "Holy Shit, This shit is tight". All it took was a sharpie, can of flat black speed enamle from the local ace and a mailla folder turned stencil.

damn was I a toy :huh:

19. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

i got into to cuz i was walkin down the street one day and i saw this one ddude doin a legal peice so i asked him isn't that illegal (i was 10) and he was like no. sometime u get paid to do this. yeah. but i didn't really get seriouse about it till a few years but then i stopped and got seriouse again this year cuz i was into skateboarding most of the time

20. The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep New Member

I First started getting interested in gaff when my brother pointed out ha-ha 's ned kelly stencil and he explained about who it repressents and crap. but never knew how to do it, till this year when i saw the documentary Rash and got into stenciling more and started doing it.. till now that i am getting into writting after just trying to figure out a cool way to sign my stuff and looking at more of others