Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

I would see my brothers tags all around town and I wanted to become bigger than he did....(sibling rivalry?)

2. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia Senior Member

Watched the movie RASH, it's all about stencils. Ever since then I've had the urge to graff.

3. rise_&_fight

rise_&_fight Senior Member

i got into it on my own. as a young kid (about 10yrs old) it was the late 1990s and i just started noticing the wild funky colours and styles and i loved it. alot of the big london crews where painting my area at the time, i didnt know what it was. graff wasnt all over the net like it is now, so i got to know about the scene and whos up etc by seeing it first hand. i also started to sketch at this time and as i learnt more about the scene and went out and took flicks i started to find my own style. after a few years hard sketching my style was to a high standard and i started to paint.

the lesson is sketch, sketch and sketch some more! only then should you even consider picking up a can. and if your only in it for the image or cant be pissed to practice.....just fuck off.....we dont want you!

keep pushing the style boundaries!

4. ~$dead presidents$~

~$dead presidents$~ Elite Member

i was playin ball wen i seen a few kids from mi hood tagin up dis silver hut cross from the ball court( i knew the kids) i walked over n we started talkin bout it n shit n he let me catch a few tags wit his marker den ever since i been writin wit him

5. Cham

Cham Elite Member

I was young and impressionable.....and one of the big names her in SF and the west coast got me into it and completely flipped my perspective on graff

6. TTO.TC

TTO.TC Senior Member

i got into graf when i went to europe and saw all that crzy shit i got kinda inspired lol... well that was when i was 12 but some shit is soo crzy... mostly germany

7. Seek139

Seek139 Senior Member

haha TTO i love you...much respect to those in love with Germany
    Myself i got into graff when i found out my uncle used to write in the "early" days

8. TTO.TC

TTO.TC Senior Member

yo man thnx :cool:

9. Capable1

Capable1 Senior Member

i had a dream one night like 3 years ago that i seen some people doing graffiti..woke up n started looking at flicks on the net and just started sketching..i never stopped after that

10. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

11. [breakout]-azer

[breakout]-azer Senior Member

i got into it realy from seing lots of the kids at skool with tags on da bags. i researched it on da internet and came across bombingscience n thats were my graffiti realy started by readying the new to graf thread on the toy forum and going from there.

12. Genocide

Genocide Member

I got myself into it really. I listen to metal and everything and barly any rap. But I seen some nice ass pieces around in the city near my place. And always had a love for art. And seeing nowadays how everything is so fuckign censored the only way for anyone to express themselfs anymore is through illegal shit. And I had an atteraction to all the hard work and practice that goes into graff.

13. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

with a name like genocide you cant seriously try and tell me youd be a positive member in the graffiti or any other comunity

14. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

wen i was a lil one i would always look around and see some graff somewhere and i would always stand there in awe,always sayin "dam,how did they do that?"...........n i'm a real sucker for art n i got the motive and inspiration,so recently,i was jus like.........FUCK IT ALL,i wanna start writin graffiti

15. session-one

session-one Senior Member

i went to new york city when i was about 10 and i saw all the graff, i made my dad take me through the city just to see all the graf, on the plane ride home i started drawing on a piece a line paper and when i got home i went outside and did this shitty as fuck toy ass tag on a stop sign, lol thats how i got in, over-exposure to urban art

16. *Wing*

*Wing* Senior Member

Well, that's cool, I did it pretty much the same, I've been exposed to graff, some of the best in my country since 1999 or such... That time, i was 9...

17. Genocide

Genocide Member

Fuck no im not. But I believe in that shit. Aint shit positive about what I do. But its nice to act like one of the good guys. Doesnt get you into as much shit.

18. KrookONE

KrookONE Senior Member

i was sleeping in an alley and people started bombing on me...from then it was love

19. Genocide

Genocide Member

Well thats one way to get into it.

20. Ackrite

Ackrite Member

i went to some wack ass boarding school and there was this kid from the bay area that wrote antik and always killed shit, he was always sketching something so over time i caught on