Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. mar611

mar611 Member

I got in 2 graff through my cuz he was always drawing shit and showing me all kinds of graff I was like wtf that's crazy I like that his graff skillz always been great since we was kids he learn from his pops he use to do heavy graff back then
    I learn everything from him he told me a lot bout the graff scene.

2. AVID1

AVID1 Senior Member

I always loved the art form.. as a kid I would love watching the graff scene even though I never knew anything about it.. I knew one day I was going to be one of the 'Mysterious graffiti people'
    soo then I started copping immortal techinque on his bio it said he used to be down with graff when he was younger.. then I picked up a magazine at my camp.. I found it around somewhere.. like ona a picnic bench, so I just checked out the pieces started doing my own pieces.. but I've always loved vandalising shit I remember when I was like 12 I would write 'CZUP' on the busses and shit and then getting chased for it and hopping out the fire emergency exit.. it's just something I've always loved and I decided to pursue it..

3. jawsy

jawsy Senior Member

oops.. i voted for friends but i though about it more and..
    i saw a handstyle on the back of a chair at my school.. it said "mass attack" i bit all the letters and progressed from there and .. yeah

4. Skitz

Skitz Senior Member

school sux you get bored, see it around town so ya start sketchin b4 you know it your rackin cans chillin on rooftops

5. YaDigg46

YaDigg46 Member

6. S!KE

S!KE Member

my 1st time was hitting up a freeway.. after that i was hooked!

7. bloom

bloom Senior Member

Once i moved into the mile high city, my brother met a new friend a school and invited him to come over. He would draw burners and throw-ups on this binder we didn't use. Once i saw what he drew, graffiti had me by the balls..

8. INDO1SNMK

INDO1SNMK Member

me i used to see ppl around my neighbor hood tagging all the time i never understood it i liked artwork though when i was 10 i started seeing murals and shit when i was 11 homeboy blazed me up for my first time and took me bombing for the first time since then i been dedicated

9. Sunk

Sunk Senior Member

i got into graff cuz going through the city and seeing all the throwies and tags n shit
    got me interested at a pretty young age

10. SIAH

SIAH Senior Member

let's see...about 6 years ago in school on eof my friends in art class would draw pieces and shit,kinda showed me the ropes,before ya know it we was out @ 1am bags fulla cans,bombin everything...

11. foi oi oi

foi oi oi Senior Member

I got into graff, because I lived in redneck city, OH. It was just an expression of self to say "I'm not you". It was also a mixture of that good ole teenage rebellion, friends who felt the same as me, and most importantly... ART.

12. Breakfaces

Breakfaces New Member

When these guys in my city did blockbusters 5 stories up over the windows of this abandoned factory by my school.
    It was rocking for a while.

13. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

got my name from the title of a lloyd banks song..i was just writing it on papers not even thinkin bout graff...then i jus staryted writing it outside..still with out graff on my mind..

then i played marc ekkos gettin up...and i said to myself i should do graff cuz i already have tags up..then i found out my friend from grade school did graff..and ffrom..im destroying the city !

14. Never Stop Bombing

Never Stop Bombing Member

i got into graffiti just chillin around the scene now im running a crew at my high school but i was always into drawing and i just started painting and its my life now

15. SAID

SAID Moderator

i needed something to fulfill my satisfaction.

16. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

^^ LMAO..thats from that fuckin techno song called satisfaction..lol

17. pretentious asshole

pretentious asshole Member

Actually, I invented graffiti.....

One day, while I was finding a cure for the bubonic plague while simultaneously slicing a piece of bread for the first time in recorded history, jesus came to me in a vision (i.e. - showed me his image in the macaroni of my kids cuisine). The image began to speak, it said that I must stop being so hot and sexy all of the time and start doing graff, that crazy bastard! The image then proceeded to fade away and I consumed the anointed pasta. I felt a jolt of holy energy run through my spine and quickly took to the streets and began to paint. I started out painting daffodils with ak47's, but I figured that might be too offensive in light of recent flower-based tragedies involving weaponry across America, so I thought that letters would be more appropriate. Anyone else who does graffiti is copying me.

18. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

I think that might have been the best short story written in the history of written language. Can I touch you?

19. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

i had grown up wid a shit hot piece under a bridge 2 mins away
    i just wanted to be like that

20. atlok7

atlok7 Elite Member

i first got the idea to do it when i was in 6th grade in spanish class and i was drawing my spanish name "pablo" in some bubble type letters and the kid next to me told me it looked like graffiti and then it just took off. i dreww some shitty bubble shit for like a year then i didnt really do it at all for another 2 years then ive been doin it erry day since