Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Atom

Atom Senior Member

security detectors they have alot of em

2. denali

denali Senior Member

k i dont know if this is old and im just stupid and dont know bout it or i just found it out but it looks cool

ight i was trying out new handstyles in my backyard on a piece of ply wood with a kiwi mop and krink, and for some reason i decided to paint over it.....i used true blue krylon and the paint wouldnt mix, it was like a perfect outline, it painted the wood but didnt go over the krink.....it looked awsome, so i dunno if im jsut a toy and didnt know or w/e but try it out ill put up some pictures in a bit

3. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

do those solid wood touch up marker things work like streaks? cause ive seen them before and i might just rack one and try it out for myself. but if its crap say something cause it dont want it to be a waste.

4. RookieX412

RookieX412 Senior Member

...i just thought that same thing the otherday when i went to get paint...i poped one out of the pack...smudges easy...but i dont know if it will hold up on the streets...

5. Atom

Atom Senior Member

no there not like streaks they have a tip like a regular paint marker its chisel tip for tags its good just get good ink and your all set

6. curve

curve Senior Member

alright guys, i have a couple of quick toy questions...i'm looking to make a kiwi mop, and i know everyone should know how to make them. i got my kiwi bottle and emptied it out, and i plan on using the original nib, i just don't know what kind of paint or ink i should fill her up with. i don't really have anything at my disposal, i like to get paint from sears. does paint work in a mop, or should i find some ink to use instead? any suggestions for the best thing to use in a kiwi mop if i just want nice black lines without much drips? thanks.

7. MODGrafix

MODGrafix Senior Member

idk if its already been said, but you can make these crazy little markers out of chapstick containers.
    1. empty out chapstick container
    2. take out the part that pushes the chapstick up.
    3. drip candle wax into the bottom making it water tight.
    4. fill with ink.
    5. glue in any kinda nib you like.
    6. keep in small bag.
    :D

8. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

alirght i have come to my conclusion that the best and easiest home made marker is a kiwi shoe polish mop with a sushi style chalkboard eraser instead of the sponge already on there then wrap tape around the eraser and the mop it works with home paint ink to

9. Resk One

Resk One Senior Member

i have that exact same marker

i would never use it for anything else then toucking up wood

it has a brush tip you dork

10. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

i dunno if this has been posted before but..
    bingo marker marker
    get bingo marker (just but one for a buck, no use getting busted) of the color of your choice
    take off nib and empty ink into a bottle.
    take a second bottle and mix some of the ink with white (or w/e) thinned paint
    put that back in the marker
    put nib thing back on
    its good on smooth surfaces but the nib gets really beaten up by rough stuff.

11. EONone

EONone Senior Member

12. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

whoa, what kind of glue bottle is that? did you like cut the eraser into a circle?

13. the_uniBOMBER

the_uniBOMBER Elite Member

14. eaze

eaze Senior Member

it kinda looks like those selectum or whatever ones you use in elementary school

15. Alyte

Alyte Elite Member

um what? do you have a pic of the original glue thing?

16. joust

joust Elite Member

it actually doesent work, I have tried it. I put pilot ink in one of the roll on deodernt cans and tried it out with diffrent combonations of stuff. It doesent roll as you would expect it too. Sorry.

17. mad

mad Elite Member

alrite i just got this pentel white today and is there anyway i can make the nib fatter or get some drips

18. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

did chillen ever post instuctions on how to make that glue stick mop on page six and if he did what page is it on?? :ph34r:

and anyone that makes those tic tac markers wat do u cap it wit???
    :ph34r:

19. denali

denali Senior Member

for the tic tac i think an earaser from a chalk board thing

20. denali

denali Senior Member

if you dont want drips sure as hell dont use a kiwi use a pilot for no drips and kiwi for drips and fill it with ghetto krink.......

get some silver rustol paint and put some paint thinner in it i think the ratio i heard somewhere on this thread was 2/3 paint 1/3 thinner

i couldnt find jsut silver in rusto so i guess their silver is called aluminum....thats what i got (bucket paint)

and yes paint works in a kiwi its probly the best thing to use

ps. hot chocolate is yummy