Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

shouldnt you avoid using super glue to hold nibs in bacause it'll soak into the nib and you wont have any flow going through it?

2. Atom

Atom Senior Member

not if it dries quick, it will just stay around the outside, you put the super glue on the rim of the container or what evers holding the nib so it just hold on the rim to keep it from leaking

3. CraYon

CraYon Elite Member

Another question about the glue stick mop thingy (well more about the paint). I tested em (two) out with water, and it had no leaks....but the water ran through the eraser nib....So I was wondering, since I'ma use thinned paint, how many parts paint to how many parts paint thinner should I use so that it wouldn't go through like that water?

Stupid question, but thanks

4. spacer

spacer Senior Member

depends on the paint thickness that your usin and how thick your nib is but its usually about 2/3 paint 1 thinner. I'd mix it in a seperate container first to stir and make sure its liquidy enough. I've made a few mops with too much thinner or old paint that thinned too much its just trial and error. just make sure your nibs completely dry first

5. CraYon

CraYon Elite Member

Alrighty, thanks. I'll try that...just gotta make sure the nib is 100% dry cuz its still wet

6. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

just keep adding paint or thinner till its the consistancy that you want. nothing special

7. scarface

scarface Elite Member

any one recomened any OTR markers i am gonna buy 2 of them molowtow metallic markers one gold and 1 silver can anyone tell me what others i shud go for

8. peicebypeice

peicebypeice Senior Member

damn chillen beautiful tutorial! i just made one and it works great, only thing i dont like is with the new nib i cant fit the cap on..any suggestions on homemade caps or lids?

9. shortlilcoolman

shortlilcoolman Member

yo chillen..how do u get the marker to write so nice?...i made some homeade krink outta the glue stick nd that shit comes out streaky...if i put anymore thinner, the thinner juss pours out of the nib..any suggestiosn@?!??!?!?!

10. CHILLEN905

CHILLEN905 Elite Member

i for got b4 u glue the nib down put the cap back one to push it down a bit so u dont have to make a crappy lid that will leak

11. denali

denali Senior Member

lol u "forgot".........sure ya did ;) <_<

12. dcite

dcite Elite Member

any method to soften a tria nib besides smashing it on something

13. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

slicing it with a x acto knife, take it out and boil it i guess...

well i don't kno about the boiling thing i just think if the water is hot enough then it can fix or cure anything

14. kyer

kyer Senior Member

you want it to pour out of the nib its a mop u want drips

15. scarface

scarface Elite Member

can i used turpentine 2 thin paint????

16. "moe"one

"moe"one Member

i bought a ultra wide marker how do you fill it with ink :(

17. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

did you try unscrewing the top? some markers have the threads going the other way, so try turning it both ways

18. peicebypeice

peicebypeice Senior Member

anyone ever try using hair dye as ink? i got tons so let me know if it works or not. thnx.

19. DeRiVe OnEr

DeRiVe OnEr Senior Member

I'm so happy right now cause I just ordered 10 markers :blink:

2 Hard to Buffs, 1 Violet Flowpen, 1 Black Tagstar, 1 Metallic Blue OTR.060, the Molotow Metallic Trio pack (Silver, Gold, and Copper OTR.060's), 1 White Dalo Broad marker, and a Silver KRINK mop...

20. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

what a waste of money