Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

im guessing you just take of the top and full it with whatever and stuff some chalkboard erase in the top. use hot glue around the edges to seal it and make a ghetto cap for it

2. Ume

Ume Moderator

put tape around the eraser nib first though where your gonna glue it or its going to go rock hard and wont let much paint/ink through

3. STRIFE

STRIFE Elite Member

as far as stickers yeah decos, i dont like em in blackbooks cuz they seep through the pages, i use prismas for my b-book

4. Chooch

Chooch Member

2 q?'s. Can you like hollow out a marker like dry erase and fill er up? and second will a dry erase board eraser felt shit work.?

5. Adamo

Adamo Elite Member

willing to trade packs of prismas for any paint markers such as decos, painters markers or painty's. etc..

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Senior Member

should i use ink or paint? what do you guys prefer? where can i pick up inks, stationary stores?

7. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

for markers, i suggest ink. but for mops def use paint. you can get ink at alot of places but if your gonna buy it at a store i suggest looking for pilot ink

8. oblong

oblong Elite Member

mops:paint and ink
    home mad markers:ink
    blackbooks: prismas

9. Tony

Tony Elite Member

people acctualy pay for decos?

:huh:

10. Chooch

Chooch Member

Whats the difference between a mop and a marker?

11. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

im guessing jandro will pay for the decos, and if you ever check out the prices, its damn expensive..like 4.29 for 1 marker around me

12. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

a mop is bigger. and usually homemade without a valve system.

13. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

yeah, paint for mops because it flows through better, since paint is generally thicker...ink also works in mops, but i wouldnt suggest putting paint into a markers, unless its like 3/4 thinner, 1/4 paint lol

14. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

anyone got any info on pilots?
    i just picked one up and im wondering if theres anything i should know about them or anything like that. i know panic will have some stuff to asy, thats his fav marker XD

15. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

black pilot supercolors are very nice.

don't need to do anything to them.

16. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

nice, hahaha i asked the fucking guy who was working the register if they had the rfill ink for them and he said it didnt exist bacause those markers arent refillable. it says refillable on the gddamn marker

17. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

haha, yeah there is supercolor refill ink... it comes in kinda smallish bottles (the one on my desk kinda has ink over the label but i think it says 30ml) for about $3 CDN.... the black pilot supercolor ink is really good, almost as good as the marsh t-grade dye type black ink. at one point i was considering ordering marsh again but i decided why bother when i can just get the pilot ink locally...

18. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

i know they make pilot refill ink, i was just asking the dude if they had it at the store and he said they wernt refillable when i know they are. they also tried to say that the posterman biggies wernt refillable

19. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

mmmmm pilots...
    congradulations on your purchase! pilots are great...it does write on rough surfaces very clean, but, it does mess up the nib, and after you've messed up the nib, its hard to use it....u dont get that clean lines, yet you still have so much ink left...so i would suggest keeping it to smooth surfaces...its not that good to write in bathrooms aswell..its more of an outdoor marker since it sort of has a smell, but it will nnneevverrr fade...im workin on a way to flip the nib though, so maybe you will be able to write on rough surfaces without worry

so far, i think all u need to do is take the thing off of the body of the marker (unscrew it) then pull the nib out with a glove on...there will be a neetle through the nib, not quite in the middle..that keeps it from falling out and going too far into the marker so u cant write..so what u wanna do is, rip out the needle, and move it down a little bit (more torwards the rough part of the nib) and hammer it through the nib..then you just put the nib back on with the better part sticking out, and shwabam..

if this is confusing at all, im open to questions

rock pilots :cool:

20. oblong

oblong Elite Member

people acctualy pay for decos?

:huh: [/b][/quote]
    i was thinking the same thing :p