Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

im really loving my pilot, its such a sweet marker. i get such crisp lines with it. now i know why panic loves them :lol:

2. tasor_tbc

tasor_tbc Senior Member

i racked this like no name shoe polish marker an i treid it out an beleive it or not the shoe polish shit inside is like super permanent and drippy as well. its really weird but i donno it seems to work an it looks nice!!

3. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

if you just tried it how do you know its 'super permanent'?

like, what if it's gone in a week after some rain or snow hits it?

the reason we replace the shoe polish with ink/paint is not because the shoe polish doesn't work, its because it's not as good as ink or paint. but congratulations, you did manage to screw up the foam applicator on your shoe polish bottle by letting the shoe polish flow through it. oh well, replacing the foam with felt from a chalkboard eraser works better and lasts longer anyway....

4. mplskid

mplskid Senior Member

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^how is this marker?

5. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

its the same as all the other otrs just smaller...same paint as the molotow just diff. color

6. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i find my metallic blue flowpen's paint flows MUCH better than my molotow burners. i find that the silver and gold paint doesn't flow as well as I'd like (still flows better than my experience with Aerosol Art Bombing markers though). The Copper Molotow Burner flows good though. I'm not sure about the other metallics (violet and red i think) but I'm sure they flow as good as the blue.

7. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

bumsuckfun, yeah i have found that too..its probably because the paint in the molotows is thicker..i can barely get clean lines with mine..my blue flowpen write much better than my pink one..it also shows up on stuff better...the pink one was pissin me off so i put the ink from that into my blue one, and it made sort of a dark electric purpley violet (hooray for describing words) anyway, it sort of looks like garvey, but darker...

havoc-yeah thats why pilots are my fav. marker :cool: nice, crisp, smooth lines...perfect..they dont fade, and sometimes will stain :D

8. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

yeah, my pink flowpen dosent show up on shit except windows and white things

9. oblong

oblong Elite Member

exactly, the pink isnt very opaque
    out of eveyrthing 30 mm montana paint markers filled with nero kill all

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i, myself, prefer miniwides over 30mm montanas... the nib is a bit smaller (about 25mm i think) but its thinner, really good for doing waves and such.

but thats just my opinion, i have a 30mm montana and love it too... but i need to get a new nib.

11. cerse

cerse Member

i havent made a marker befor and i live in britain so its hard to get good inks so can i just add paint thinner to bucket paint to make a paint marker, becuz thats the idea ive got from reading this thread??

12. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yes, yes you can.

13. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

its not gonna be as good as ink though, cause thinned out paint is kinda thick when its nice and opaque but if you thin it out oo much its gonna be like writing with dirty water. so you CAN do it but i dont suggest it.

14. cerse

cerse Member

thnx, i just dont wanna go and do it den find out it dont work, i wil try to get a good consistency. and i found a kiwi shoe polish bottle in ma house so probably make a mop.

15. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

yeah, id def opt for 3/4bucket paint and 1/4thinner in the mop man. ghetto krink kills it

16. painting

painting Member

kiwi mops still owns tho... Question...?...how do u get ur marker to be matalic.... is it the paint... or what..?

another one.. how u put that signitures on ur name thingy... i duno what the code is...

17. the_uniBOMBER

the_uniBOMBER Elite Member

1) To make it metallic you use metallic paint. There are ways of making ink do it, but just stick to paint. It's easier.

2) To add signatures, go up to "My Controls" which is in the top right of your screen. Then scroll down a bit and go into "Edit Signature"

18. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

its usually the ink or paint thats in it. i think therea additives thay you can buy/rack that make paint metallic.

and your signature is editable in your options thingy. or personal controlls or something like that

19. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

turd cru be killin dem streets (or computer drawn trains) haha
    yes about the thinning paint too much..i made that mistake...so i kept adding more paint, and eventually it started 2 work out :D
    kiwi bottle nibs suck ass so when its all fucked up n shit just take it out n jam in a sock nib or chalk board eraser

20. casperFT

casperFT Senior Member

hahaha you actually changed your name postwhore lol