Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW WAT TO USE TO REPLACE THE LITTLE SPONGE IN BETWEEN THE NIB AND THE MARKER(THE PART THAT ABSORBS ALL THE EXTRA INK)ITS IN ALMOST ALL MARKERS BUT U PROBLY WOULDNT KNOW WAT IM TALKIN ABOUT IF U NEVER TOOK APART A MARKER.BUT I SERIOUSLY FUKED IT UP AND I NEED TO KNOW WAT TO REPLACE IT WITH! :ph34r:

2. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i know what you're talking about... but i don't think its needed is it?

3. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

if you wanna use it without pumping every 10 seconds you should have it. id just say replace it with a reg dish sponge, without the green part of course. if not just try different things out. one question though, how the fuck did you manage to fuck that part up?

4. CrAiG

CrAiG Member

Hey guys. If you want you marker to flow better,take out this fucking sponge and cut it 1.5 mm then put it again in!!!

5. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

you do need it because without it the marker will leak all over the place because there is nothing to absorb all the excess ink/paint. :ph34r:

6. hitshit89

hitshit89 Senior Member

lol i messed it up because i was fixing up an old montana marker and after i take it apart i usually put the nib in boiling water because it takes out alot of the ink u cant take just with ur hands and water and i saw the sponge thing and it still had a lot of ink in so i threw it in the water too but then it shrunk to half its size and even ripped a bit then i threw it in the dryer and it went bak to normal other than thte rip but it still works fine thanx for the help anyways :ph34r:

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

i would like to try one some time
    where im from there is no hip hop stores or anyting
    that actually sell markers
    i would have to order one from the states
    and wouldn twant to have to deal with
    shipping, exchange and everything
    someday thought, someday
    for now i will have to rock the 30mm mon
    filled with ink

8. greatscott

greatscott Member

a long time ago i took one of those clear plastic tubes that exacto knives come in, and i filled it with sharpie ink and plugged the top with a chalkboard eraser thing like everyone else. it dripped everywhere but it didnt hold up well. i thought it was the coolest thing ever when i was like 16

9. CL3ver1

CL3ver1 Elite Member

hm... i saw those glass chalk writing shit at the store the other day and got an idea to just add ink to it..is it a good idea or has sumone else used it and it was bad? cuz they eaz as hell to rack and they work like kiwi polishso yeh im guessin it would b a good idea...but i jus want a second opinion -deuce- \\// //-\\ aKa 7 DeAdLy

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i think this is one of those things where you should actually use your own judgement and try it for yourself instead of asking everyones opinon.

11. casperFT

casperFT Senior Member

there are alot of toys here.......just an observation

12. oblong

oblong Elite Member

80% of the people on bs are toys
    the other 15% dont even write
    5% ARE ACTUAL REAL WRITERS

13. rent519

rent519 Senior Member

^ seriously what i was thinking...ive got one question who the fuck comes on bs asking shit without tryin it for themselves all the real writers experiment on there own... thats how they get the experience they have...

14. TD!!

TD!! Senior Member

Hey i was wondering how do you make your face paint markers drippy?? I put this paint in that my parents used to paint thare room with and it really thick. So I put rubbing alcohual in it, I though that might help but it didn't really what can I use to put in it? To make it drippy. And i dont have paint thinner.

15. maze.dsk

maze.dsk Senior Member

spray paint and brack fluid ^^^^

16. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

dont put spraypaint in markers. when you shake it it creates its own pressure and it'll eventually pop the marker if left to build up

17. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

listen, chances are your parents used latex paint. which means it is thinned with water. but no matter what, the paint you're going to make is shitty. i know its 'cool' and all to try to be Magiver and make your ink out of shit lying around your house, but sometimes you need to spend money to save money (and actually have the result turn out good). So go drop a few dollars, and buy some oil-based paint, some paint thinner (or mineral spirits, or turpentine, or varsol), mix 2/3 paint to 1/3 thinner and put it in your face painter.

don't add spray paint, it creates its own pressure, from movement (and we all know you aren't going to be able to hold that marker perfectly still and upright all the time) and from temperature changes (and you can't control that). so yeah, it'll pop your marker... don't use spray paint.

and don't thin it with brake fluid... not only does it not mix well, but that shit would never dry, and seeing how latex paint isn't the most permanent thing on the face of the earth, you probably would find yourself having been better off with the stock facepainter paint... and that shit SUCKS.

18. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

add abit of spray paint for crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy drips... itll empty ya mop real quick thoguh hahaha

19. toxus

toxus Elite Member

i add brake fluid, but have to have a metal cased marker

20. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

hah i think you only need a metal-cased marker if your adding shitloads of brake fluid.

my ghetto krink has brake fluid, and if i leave it in like a disposable plastic cup, or a styrofoam cup, it'll eat through it, but so far i've never had it eat through a kiwi bottle or OTR, or uniposca.