Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Qzma

Qzma Member

2. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

if you cropped the foreground out that last one it would be sick. just use the upper half like this. its a good way to get out of forgetting your tripod:) great shots! nice tones
    ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i53_wafflecakee_2e3d56d3e1bf.jpg

3. Qzma

Qzma Member

thank you for advice)

i'm going to post more pictures soon)
    I hope i wrote everything correct)

4. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

5. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

mate, ive had my kit lens on my d40 for like 3 years now, ive only just bought a 50mm lens which is probably the cheapest of all lenses, so you dont need all these fancy lenses to take good shots, it just helps to give you more options

6. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Thats so true.
    You don't need fancy shit to take good pictures.
    I still rock the d40 kit lens too.

7. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

D40 is still expensive compared to buying a cheap nikon film SLR, they go for as little as 50$ and are often more sophisticated than a d40. Boom, done, you got a dope camera, buy a film and get it developed and scanned, film is good because the 36 exposure limit forces you to think about every shot, digital can make you snap happy and shoot boring shit just cos you can. A perfect example is this niggga chase jarvis, he made a book called 'the best camera is the one you have with you' and shoots all his shit on only an iphone.
    http://www.chasejarvis.com/#s=0&mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&p=5&a=0&at=0

Jenkins,
    an issue with the d40 is that their default setting over exposes images, its jsut a fault with their software. (Notice the sky in your images is really washed out and white) Keep your exposure compensation to -0.7 to combat this, and your photos should come out a lot nicer. Check your manual if you don't know how to do this.
    awww.outthereimages.com_images_exposurecompensation_button_circle.jpg
    That goes for D60's and D40x's too. I even do this on my D300, as I find the images come out nicer and with a lot more details.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  8. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

The D40 kit lens is a really really good lens, despite being cheap. If you make shit images with it, it's your fault.

9. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Just bought, nikon 50mm, 55-200vr, sb600 and a off camera flash cord and a new bag for $600. Thats all I'm buying and I think all be all set.

10. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Yeah, you're set. What 50mm is it? 1.8 or 1.4

11. Werse

Werse Elite Member

1.8, i dont need the 1.4 now that i have the remote flash.

12. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

What does having a flash have to do with anything. haha

13. Werse

Werse Elite Member

The only difference is the 1.4 is better for low light, which doesn't matter much to me.

14. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Oh word, much nicer depth of field and bokeh is my reasoning for getting one.

15. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I cant wait to get it.
    I fell in love with 50mm when i started shooting film and now i want one for my baby nikon.

16. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Prepare for the significant crop factor... your 50mm lens is gonna turn into a 70mm. Much harder to use well.

17. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Its all good, i'll still be able to compose well.

18. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Leica on the way, just bought a tiny voigtlander 35mm f/2.5 pancake lens for it.

awww.cameraquest.com_jpg5_VoigtR4M_3525P.jpg

so small!

19. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

well i am unemployed so i cant buy anything at the moment. but i do enjoy photography. i am always at concerts and stuff and would like to get pics of my local scene. right now i have a kodak easyshare c813 (gift) and my mom has a sony cybershot dsc-w150. is there any possibility of these being usable to get quality pictures. i like sharp pics and know i wont get anything close to what you guys get. but are either of these alright for someone just getting into photography? i think film wouldnt be a great idea for someone like me who is just starting and has little money

20. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member