Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

yo take it to the toy blackbook thread, they will crit it more there.

but just a couple thoughts:

try to make the letters more even. your g is tiny and your last s is huge and the other one is kinda small
    the second one is better with proportion, but the g kinda looks like a c

but then again hey thats just my opinion

2. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

^^^listen to that shit...people really need to work on simples and dont get the importance of them...i'v been writing for around a year now and im am just starting to advance my style from simples and block letters. kids start using block letters and then just cant come up with anything good so they try doing something more advanced which they are not ready for. remember kids...block letters dont just have to look like BLOCK. after you get comfortable with simples try starting to bend your letters a little then work on peices like that. graffiti is an art and any art will take a lot of time to master(as in YEARRRS). do not rush your work and remember the importance of simples. all you can do is improve if you keep working at your art.

3. d_g

d_g Elite Member

^^Definitely.

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) a pack of like one or two of every (or almost everyone) of the most popular graffiti caps.

Just that we can't get Krylon or Rusto here in New Zealand. Well we can but it's only a dollar cheaper than Molotow/Montana. Our mid-range paint, Dulux, is pretty good and roughly the same value as Krylon/Montana.

Anyways the reason I want them like that is so that I can test them out so I know what works with it. So far NY F/T's work, rusto's work, pinks work, oranges almost work (sprays wierd pentagonal type shape), beiges work OK.

So yeah, anyone know?

4. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

d_g I'm in Aust and dulux is the best of the standard shit here ime. If you can get 'Tuxan' shoecolour in nz (?) run a nozzle off that on dulux for outlines, is very clean. Sorry dunno online ordering of caps.

5. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

6. SIK LIFE

SIK LIFE New Member

in the next few weeks i am planning to do a peice but dont know where to buy some good decent tins in south or east london does any one know where i can? if so can you give me the name of the nearest station. thanks

7. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Bump.

8. ras

ras Banned

try Ebay... ;)

9. whoarethereal evil

whoarethereal evil Elite Member

no offence

but its not looking good

in the slightest

and beef with u glass ass mehh

double letters are gay especially right next 2 each other

and your handstyle neeeeeeds baaaare attention

try make it curly and flowy

tag with ur arm and not with ur wrist

write iot really fast with ur eyes closed without taking then pen of paper n see wht happens

tweek it a bit

winner

10. skan2

skan2 Senior Member

<_< does anyone no if wake is takin

11. whoarethereal evil

whoarethereal evil Elite Member

every name is taken

unles u write summit weird

like monitor

altho ne money thts taken n all

jus find out if theres a wake in ur area if not then go 4 it

12. glass

glass Senior Member

thanks for the tips

yeah i need a lot of work

i just made one i think looks way better than the others i did

i'll put it up once i get around to finishing it

13. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

yo fab 5 freddy dosent even rap and if he did it would have been in 1980.

chek out wrong side of the tracks by ARTIFACTS. they talk about bombing also chek out big juss, co flow, aesop rock, etc... theres a FEW OUT THERE. holla [/b][/quote]
    Jean grea's another that talks bout graffiti all the time in her songs...akir is another, immortal technique mentions graffiti but i doubt he does any. he's just a supporter of the four elements.

14. illin

illin Senior Member

^^^glass^^^, keep it together. don't try to innovate right away. work on a handstyle, then some simple throws. for a handstyle, try this: write your tag in cursive and tweak it away from traditional cursive bit by bit. before you know it, you've got a nice one liner that you can lay down in seconds. for bombs, don't do all that chunky shit. just look at your letters and try to make them flow together. maybe find similar shapes or parallel lines in each letter and accentuate them. everybody starts somewhere.

15. glass

glass Senior Member

alright ill try that

thanks

16. PeYGoNeR

PeYGoNeR Senior Member

where can u buy(rack) paint thiner??

17. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

No more posting flicks for crits in here guys. That's what toy blackbooks is for.

18. bouncingsoul

bouncingsoul Elite Member

Go out and see. Home Depot has it definitely... Pretty much anywhere that sells bucket paint... But that shit's hard to rack since it comes in these backpack-sized cans... Around here you're not allowed to go in a store with a backpack (they make you take it off at the entrance) so yeah...

19. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Sweet, cheers for that guys.

20. Bowser

Bowser Senior Member

thinner is pretty cheap, maybe 5 buck tops, they sell that shit a wal-mart just about anywhere. your parents prolly got some in the basement or the G-rage