Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. STAR01

STAR01 Senior Member

i've been trying on some new shit lately and i was wondering... is STARS a good name to write.tag with i kinda like it and there my favo letters so

2. PerkO

PerkO New Member

3. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

why you gotta ask other people if YOUR name that YOU want to write is ok? I mean unless you hear about someone profilic with that name you shouldn't ask for permission to use it..... do whatever you fuckin want...

4. [breakout]-azer

[breakout]-azer Senior Member

i have a question, well ive seen some kids near were i live stencil n it looked prity good and it was quick and they could get some priity good shit going with them but i just wanna know how to do it.

well what i mean is:

what you use to stencil?
    Is there anyting that you should realy use for the stencil?
    and anything else i should no about it?

5. slEEt

slEEt Elite Member

Yeah don't go asking people if this name is OK and whatnot. Come up with a name that you like and see if it exists.

It's taken me forever to find a word I love to write, i've changed it probably about 3-4 times now. Finally i've got one that i'm sticking to because it has meaning. I finally choose SOMEONE because that's exactly what I am.

Definition - some·one: some person; somebody, An unspecified or unknown person.

6. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

I've had so many names.... it's good to experiment starting out to find which letters you like and dislike, so you don't get so set on a name that has shit loads of meaning and compassion, only to find out you CAN'T FUCKING STAND the letters.

7. [breakout]-azer

[breakout]-azer Senior Member

bumb my question

8. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

I always thought you just cut out a piece of cardboard with a stanley knife then just use it....i think.... :blink:

9. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

bumb my question [/b][/quote]
    Why you asking this when you put up a whole fucking tutorial on stencils in the "NEW TO GRAFFITI" thread?

10. "artcrimer"

"artcrimer" New Member

11. Fixion

Fixion Senior Member

When I've done them I've used normal arylics, you only really need the primary colours (to mix from) + black and white and you are good to go. Outline I go with paint pen ("uni posca fine", which is actually water based but seems to work ok for me over acylic).

Havent got any canvas pics on PC really 'cept this unfinshed stuff but shows you how the acylics come up I guess. This is on non-undercoated canvas.

[Broken External Image]:http://209.85.48.9/8780/128/upload/p7438766.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://209.85.48.9/8780/128/upload/p7438777.jpg [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the help. Another question, do you think decocolours are good on canvases? I'm also using these paint markers http://www.dickblick.com/zz213/12/ and wondering if they're any good also.

12. Tahworsetoy

Tahworsetoy Member

I know how you feel man I was tagging shit at this rink I play hockey at every now and then and some little shits busted me. Luckily I know the GM and she let me slide I just have to paint and help clean up when she needs it. Everyone said I should stop doing graf, but I cant help it. I'm stuck, I cant get it out of my head...When I drive I dont see the speed limit I see the blank spot on the sign and go "tag!" blank walls give me goosebumps(theres no graf in my town so theres ALOT!) Any Semis or trains or electrical boxes or delivery trucks I think graf with everything. The kids that got me into it, dont understand anything, they got into graf because of banksy(sigh) love his work but they dont move on....I got addicted. I got big plans for my future and i cant afford to fuck up anymore...but I'm not stopping, I'm addicted, I'm just more careful, and thank god for not tagging your school! Dont shit where you eat.(learned that with the rink) Just play it as safe as you can and if your looking for time...Practice everywhere...I've had both arms covered in diff handstyles because I had no paper at work. Its a part of you, literally. [/b][/quote]
    You are headed in the right direction if you want to make sure your life goes the way you want it. It makes me happy thatI'm not the only one worried about effing up my life with graffiti, just do it when you want/can do it and just have fun and work hard at everything you do in life...haha i sound like a parent :rolleyes:

13. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Yeah, I'm 18, still young but I get what you're saying.

You probably haven't seen much of my stuff cause I don't bother posting flix all that often, and when I do I don't really bump them much.

Cheers man.

14. Jroc1993

Jroc1993 Elite Member

ya dude u do but ya graffiti is an addiction wether yur good or not. but watever dont fight the addiction

15. Ratikoner

Ratikoner Senior Member

who remembers rock n sock em robots!?

..or slinkies?

i wish i had thos again :(

16. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

dawg do you remeber dunkaroos....i used to love those things. especially the chocolate cookies that you dunked in vanilla frosting. amazing....i had some the other day...not as amazing as i remembered. hmmm. i dont know where i was going with this.

17. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Haha remembering stuff from when you were a kid is cool haha. Was just talking to a mate about transformers haha.

Does anyone out there listen to looptroop, I wanna know of some similar artists...

18. STAR01

STAR01 Senior Member

cause you never know if some else might allready write by that name it;s called Respect...

19. STAR01

STAR01 Senior Member

cause you never know if some else might allready write by that name it;s called Respect...

"Definition - some·one: some person; somebody, An unspecified or unknown person." that's cool haha :lol:
    sorry i hadn't read your post

uuh sorry double post(how the hell did i do that?!)

20. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Would it be lame/toy/confusing/whatever if I wrote both kaset and caset?

I like K's better than C's for somethings and viceversa...