Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Herbal Remedy Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Car2nist, Dec 29, 2004.

Share This Page

1. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Not really, its not straight blue, dark blue and purple.

2. G-Fat

G-Fat Elite Member

3. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

i named my bong.
    'the bong'
    best name ever.
    or if im feeling quite good, 'the bahhhhhhhng'

4. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

hahahahahahah love it.
    youve inspired me.
    When ive made my next peice of glass (pro style :p)

Im gunna name it something really difficult, and everytime it saturated with thc. i'll try to say it. that'll pass an hour.

5. greyshok.45

greyshok.45 Senior Member

6. g!st.er.ONER

g!st.er.ONER Senior Member

haha my double bub is named "tokin" anddddd my bong is named "wayne"... wierd name but we were so fuckin high when came up with it and i guess the name just kinda stuck haha ill post flix later

7. psyduck

psyduck Senior Member

The plant either got too much water or too much food. There's no way your plant was about to start budding unless you live close to the equator, it's may. You can't colour bud by letting the stem's chill in food dye. Purple weed is caused by genetic's or by cool temperature's late into budding. Stay in school.

8. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Senior Member

but if u give it purple water, the whole thing will turn slight purple temperarily

9. drunkenshits_one

drunkenshits_one Senior Member

i disagree, i've seen this done before and it's common in what a lot of dealers do around here to skimp dumb kids, they put purple food dye in their drip systems and other watering systems and the buds and a lot of the plant grows with purple tint and splotches of purple on the leaves

10. psyduck

psyduck Senior Member

The purple in cannabis is actually caused by the pigment in the leave's reacting to colder temperature's. Essentially it is the plant's anti-freeze. Grower's will turn their bud's purple by letting the room chill in the last week before harvest. Plant's are very similair to us, if you drank purple water would you turn purple? Use common sense. We are all here to learn.

11. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Its funny though, cuz kids spend extra money on "purps", when its really no different, just looks pretty. But if you had a fairly decent chemistry set, you could turn your weed white.

12. TheMuffinMan

can a plant walk talk, type and stuff like that... there are big diferences, if the water cells are close enough to the surface of the plant, then you will see a slight hue

13. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

That's just staining the plant, not actually changing the color...

14. psyduck

psyduck Senior Member

Plant's and human's are very similair in cellular structure (Grade 10 science bitch!) what you are saying does not work. Have you done it yourself? no, have you seen it done in person? probably not either. I have many plant's under my care and it is impossible to alter colour via water.

Here's some bud I grew, Atomic Haze to be specific
    [Broken External Image]:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/judeisg-unit/DSC00980.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/judeisg-unit/DSC00944.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/judeisg-unit/DSC00788.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/judeisg-unit/DSC00791.jpg

I am not going to elaborate but all the dye in the water would do is dye the roots of the plant. Maybe if you misted the bud's with purple dye you might see some colour change, but it will also kill your plant.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  15. drunkenshits_one

drunkenshits_one Senior Member

i've just said that i've seen a couple of my friends that deal grow their weed from just a seed with just water with purple dye in it and it changes the color of the weed...

try it for yourself, it isn't grade 10 science it's just trial and error.

16. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

I suppose it makes sense, like if a person only eats carrots, he'll turn shades of orange. But I'd rather just leave a room cooler and have it change like that.

17. psyduck

psyduck Senior Member

Like I said earlier it dosen't work. You can eat or drink whatever you wan't as much as you want and it will not turn you or your plant's purple. Google it if you'd wish.

Purple weed is generally pretty bunk anyways. Just good bag appeal I guess.
    From HT
    Environmental Factors

Several pigments are responsible for color in plants: chlorophyll, carotene, xanthophyll, and anthocyanins. Chlorophyll is the pigment in chloroplasts of plants that reflects green light. Plants use the energy absorbed by chlorophyll in photosynthesis to produce food for their growth and development. It is continually broken down during photosynthesis and being replenished by the plant.

Carotene and xanthophyll are pigments that reflect orange and yellow light respectively. Both are present in the chloroplasts, with chlorophyll enabling the plant to absorb a wider range of wavelengths of light and thus capture more energy. These pigments are present in such small quantities that the more dominant chlorophyll typically masks them.

During flowering, with the passing of summer, days become shorter. The phytochromes, the light-sensing mechanisms in leaves, recognize the shorter day lengths. The shorter days and lower temperatures arrest chlorophyll production. Chlorophyll breaks down faster than it is replaced, allowing the yellow and orange pigments to be unmasked.

The molecules reflecting red wavelengths, anthocyanins, are water-soluble pigments that occur in the cell sap, creating the red, pink, and purple hues. These pigments may not be present during the summer, or vegetative cycle, but their formation is encouraged during a succession of cool nights and sunny days. During these days when photosynthesis and chlorophyll production are decreasing, an abundance of sugars accumulates in the leaf. The cool nights promote a separation layer of cells in the petiole—where the leaf attaches to the stem—that prevents sugar from flowing out of the leaf, and also arrests the flow of nutrients into the leaf. The formation of anthocyanin requires bright light, a diminishing water supply, and the accumulation of sugars trapped in the leaf.

Another factor that can cause purpling is nutrient deficiency, generally phosphorus. Although these stunted plants may bedazzle the novice, they are typically quite distinguishable from naturally occurring anthocyanin expression, due to the other visible adverse side effects of nutrient deficiency, such as leaf and bud malformation and low calyx-to-leaf ratios.

Genetics/Degrees of Purple

The discussion of Mendelian genetics, anthocyanin-expression traits and which genes at which loci influence them, mean and variance, and heritability in quantitative inheritance is beyond the scope here and will have to be left for a future article. However, there are easily observable indicators that aid in the quest for the purple kind.

The first degree of natural purpling in cannabis could be characterized as occurring exclusively in the leaves and petioles: the colors of autumn appearing in the fan leaves during cooler temperatures and close to harvest. The Akala hybrid is a beautiful example of the first stages in this level of purpling. The Akala is a four-way cross of a Northern Lights x Blueberry to a California indica x Hawaiian sativa. The aroma it produces is extremely pungent and skunky-sweet, smelling of spicy flowers and grapes with delicious buttery/toffee undertones. It has a very potent and extremely fast-acting high that is clear and energetic.

A more expressively first-degree purple hybrid, the Blue Ruskaya also responds to the same cooler environmental conditions, but, in addition to the fan leaves, the cola leaves also dominantly display its colors. The Blue Ruskaya is a “cherry phenotype” AK-47 x Bionic Blueberry hybrid that combines the power of its parentage in both taste and potency, with a uniquely sweet “cherry/berry” flavor and a stunning appearance.

In the search for purple hybrids, one factor to consider is, although purple leaves are pretty to look at during flowering, most of these are manicured away post harvest. With the onset of extensive purpling to the base of the bud leaves, we are beginning to gain some bag appeal, as the California-Orange and Blue Ruskaya nugs reveal.

The second degree is where purple begins to manifest beyond the leaves and on to the calyxes. The AB Hybrid is a jewel of an example of this level, purpling very dramatically in the leaves with splashes amongst the calyxes. We’re on to some serious bag appeal now! The AB Hybrid is a hermaphroditic cross between Emerald Triangle Funk and an old Oregon Purple indica/sativa hybrid. The taste is just dank and funky (inherited from the ET Funk). In fact, the particular AB Hybrid phenotype pictured has been appropriately dubbed “DAB,” an acronym for dank-ass bitch. However, this hybrid also possesses some very sweet, exotic perfume notes, and is so distinctive that it is quite difficult to put into words. “Smells like hippies,” some have said. Perhaps this is because of the combination of dank and incense. It definitely fills the room with its aroma, which lingers for hours.

Tasting of geraniums and cocoa, the Black Russian (a Blackberry x AK-47 hybrid) also falls into the second-degree category, but is unique in that the leaf largely remains green. It is the calyxes that are primarily affected, and these show purple from early flowering on through harvest even under extremely high temperatures, a trait for which it was bred from its Blackberry mum.

This brings us to the third and final degree of purpledom, the Blackberry. This rare phenotype exhibits a deep, dark purple bordering on black on all its calyxes (even nodal), under all circumstances except extreme high temperature, from the start of flowering through harvest. The Blackberry’s taste is as unique as its appearance, with scents all in the “high-note” range; tip of the tongue, if you will. There are no earthy, musky tones at all, but rather, elements of violets and opium with a slight antiseptic note. Even the trichomes of the Blackberry are purple, which makes extracting bubble hash a rewarding process, as both the water and the hash end up purple. (photos Blackberry nugs, BlackBerry bubble hash, Blackberry bubble H2O)

Therein lies the quest for cannabis breeders. As I raise a toast of vapor from purple bubble hash nested upon a bed of purple kind filtered through purple bubble water, I feel not unlike a king, and I decree: May the royal purple herb grace your garden, and may we all be blessed with life’s little luxuries.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  18. TheMuffinMan

thats about 6-7th grade science (im in 11th goin 12th grade btw)

so yeah the plant does not actually change its chemical makeup as it would if you would change the temperature but what im saying is it will have a different hue because of the colored water in it...

19. Welsh_Graffer

Welsh_Graffer Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/578945.stm

Not purple but yellow :confused:

Heres my baby:
    ai31.tinypic.com_j5gfmr.jpg

20. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

yeah, but there's more than one way to do it. the stem sucks up the dye, as if it was water. feel meh?