Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

1:dosnt eat into wall ahha, it slows the drying tiem so it can stain...
    2: you cant boil it out, its heavier than the solvent and a bunch of other stuff, so your better off trashign the ink
    3: doesnt really help, as long as your ink isnt water based it wont freeze

2. Moldy

Moldy Member

Is it a thinker or thinner consistency? In other words how good of drips will I get if i give the mop a decent squeeze..

3. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

...its ink...just base it off of normal ink...seriosuly, most inks drip abotu the same

4. Moldy

Moldy Member

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

like within the range of all inks, they all drip about the same/ arte about the same thickness, without liek machinery you cant tell. paint is a diff story

6. what4joke...

what4joke... Senior Member

lmao i give up =P every time i try and help i fuck up. lol

7. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

ahha well your liek a chronic liar, dont just assume shit, you gotta KNOW it, test it out for your self. like eats into the wall...psh if it did that why wouldnt we be using dot3 straight? lol

8. Cesk

Cesk Banned

Yessir, due to all the stainers james adds it fades quite fast.
    Like the black fades in like 2-3 weeks. So like let's imagine you hit this wall that you know the owner will be out 4 hours after you hit your tag trying to buff it (outdoors) it will stain like a motherfucker.
    The rest of the colours take 5-10 days to fade.

9. Mickey69

Mickey69 Member

Why does he add so many stainers if it's just gonna fade then !

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

becasue its for indoors!

11. Cesk

Cesk Banned

:>
    h3tt you beat me to it :)
    Thank you :D

12. fitzy36

fitzy36 Senior Member

i have been experimenting and trying to uses different mixtures to make my ink stain harder any good suggestions? besides dot3. also any thing i can add to make it more opaque, my friend has some strange idea that adding vegetable or olive oil will make it thicker and more opaque not sure if its true but i just want tips so i don't waste a batch of ink..

13. FEB

FEB Member

Omega 3 fatty acids. Do they do anything?

Where do you find Gentian Violet?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  14. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

alright im fuckin back and it pisses me off, but im only gonna be using the forums to ask about shit i cant definitively test my self, i hope im setting an example here to the youngins.STAY OFF THE COMPUTER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, DONT GO TO GRAF SITES FOR STYLE IDEAS, JUST GET THE FUCK UP AND WALK FATTY. YOULL LEARN WAY MORE A BOUT GRAFF IN EVRY ASPECT IF YOU DO IT PERSONNALY, INK TOO, ITS ALRIGHT TO ASK A COULPE QUESTIOS JUST AS LONG AS YOU GET THE JOB DONE ON YOUR OW OR WITH THE HELP OF HOMIES. THE COMPUTER SUCKS BABY DICK!!!!!!11

anywhos , i was wondering if hydrolysis is good for ink, like i know that if you put muriatic acid in ink, and then write on metalwith it itll leave make a rusting effect on the metal. i personnally havent experimented with it yet but i was telling my homie about it he was all like ZOMG and took some from his shed and put like 8 r 9 drops in my ink i gave him, then we went downtown like the next day. whatever im losing my train of thought, whta im trying to say is he crushed some old non functioning train, came back like the next day, buufed it, and it left real nice stain from the ink, but, right behind the stain you could see a clear rust mark. so what im really trying to ask is will the muriatic acid kind of make the ink easier to buff by being so attracted to the moisture in the air???

edit:sorry for all the unnessecary bullshit

15. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

fatty acids just slow down the drying time of inks, so the dyes have time to set into the wall, so if your gonna put em in your ink ya might as well just use brake fluid for all the talk aboutit mildly eating into the wall and shit

and you can find genetian violet at like walgreens, i dont really know, i just know that its for like healing cuts i believe, i geuss if it was siiting out on the shelves you could probably find it with the bandages and neosporin and shit, i asked for some at my walgreens pharmacy once and they like pulled out this fuckin toenail sized bottle and wanted charge me like 6 bones for it, so

16. FEB

FEB Member

We used to buy that stuff but it stains your lips and is a bitch to get off. I gosta try that stuff in ink.

17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

for tinytim:
    idk what your talking about hydrolysis, but yea muraic acid AKA hydrochloric acid does cause rust, you can use it straight on metals without any ink at all, just acid, and its kinda liek stealth ink, it'll rust later.
    but sometimes it reacts with the ink, so test it with a few drops to make sure it doesnt react , if your goign to mix it with ink that is

18. DaBluntHead

DaBluntHead Banned

any of yall tried the molotow new inks?? i was wondering how that shit was

19. Cesk

Cesk Banned

FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK
    Powder meth blue.
    I was in biology searching and I found the powder form and I decided to pack some in a paperbag and we were doing some water shit so I reach in my pocket with my hands pretty dry and well basically I have blue fingers now :\
    I've been scrubbin and scrubbin but this shits still here.
    So major tip.
    When using meth blue powder, use gloves

20. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

ai391.photobucket.com_albums_oo359_dopeyman_Picture78.jpg
    got like 10 of these, they have 1 % malachite green, what could I to to thicken it, and I don't think boiling it is an option right now considering I live with my parents.