Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. BLOC1

BLOC1 Member

hand or throw?

2. slipyslipyslipymegeee

slipyslipyslipymegeee Senior Member

3. BLOC1

BLOC1 Member

Heres a quick one:
    ai30.tinypic.com_5lno20.jpg

I write Azer/Azor

Anyone else?

4. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

aim now

5. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

noone actually ever retires
    anyone thats true to the game anyways....i think its to tempting and its kinda in your face everywhere you go so it makes it even harder...just how i feel about it

6. skeetz

skeetz Senior Member

thanks man, and yeah ive been having problems with the P cuz i want it to balance out with the T too much, before they almost looked like Ks. i think on the next one im just not gonna care about the balance so much and see what happens.

@ fromthegrave- not trying to start any beef or anything, but im pretty sure that the piece has letter structure thats at least good enough for what im trying to do. none of the extensions just come out of nowhere and the letters all have the same general bar width.
    and about trying too hard. thats not true at all. on my last style i was trying too hard, where i would have to stop doing the sketch and wait for like 20 mins in frustration and then force myself to keep going. But with this style i just start and keep going and dont even really have to think about what im doing it just all flows out and fits into place.
    Honestly if you wouldve said something like that my P is screwed up cuz all my letters have a lean to them and my P doesnt, something like that wouldve been cool, and actually helpful. Cuz last time I was told my last P looked like a K because i filled the dead space at the top with a bad extension, i tried to fix it and when i had the basics down i realized that it didnt have a lean and it was too late cuz its a pen freestyle.

Anyways, i didnt mean to write almost an entire essay, but im just sick and tired of everyone in here not giving any helpful crits. seriously it seems like all anyone can say is either DOPE!!!, get to basics cuz you suck, or go back to they toy thread you toy fuck. Seriously wtf happened to actually giving crits, like real crits.......

i finished the last sketch, i know the P is off but w/e. dont bother to crit its not like anyone in here has anything helpful to say anyways.
    View attachment 509884

7. Nine9

Nine9 Senior Member

8. HAIRCUT

HAIRCUT Banned

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2606_3833375539_0f179955e5.png

post paint in here?

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2535_3915689771_b962949505.png

BIGBLUE, thanks for the crits on this straight letter.

9. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

10. black midget

black midget Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  11. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

12. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

dont worry about me, ill be around for a long long time

13. fromthegrave

fromthegrave Senior Member

scream and alts- i like em both
    haircut- it doesnt look bad but it can be better. i like ur style but think u should work on it alittle more. keep it up.

black midget- simply put u suck get out and go to the toy forum maybe they'll help u there.
    temp- it doesnt look good i dont see how u think it does. do simples

14. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

figured ya would;)

15. skeetz

skeetz Senior Member

fromthegrave- first off i never said that i was the shit or anything, i simply said that i think people should say more than just you suck, or your dope. and in that post you proved exactly that, you said shit looks good, shit is ok, and that shit sucks. i dont see how thats really a crit...
    second of all I posted that same picture in the experienced thread on puregraffiti.com and 3 ppl said that xept for the p that needs some fixing it was dope. Maybe you dont like what i do, im not asking that you do, personally i cant stand alot of euro styles. I respect ppl with eurostyles getting up, but i cant rly stand em. Thats cool, everyone has their own opinion. All im saying is that if you aint got anything productive to say then keep your mouth shut.
    now if youll excuse me i'd rather not keep fighting about this shit and instead spend my time actually getting better.

16. -Wings-

-Wings- Senior Member

alts - good shit just dont like them blocky random arrows.
    aever - i like everything about this except the R.
    just did this.
    View attachment 510106

17. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

nicee,
    i would do the bars so that it goes from small to big or big to small as it goes down or up.
    like on yr g, the backbone, u have it connectign to the top piece, and then it gets smaller than bigger again.

i would make it go small at the top, then to bigger, it makes it look more solid.

and i would space out the letters a tiny bit mor,e and have the bottom of the s be visible

18. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

so are you done with graff altogether or just done paintin?

19. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

20. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

EST I would say in the sketch the G and S cross over too much and then in the painting they don't cross enough lol over all tho good letters and cleanly done - could maybe work on handstyle a little more