Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

2. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

yes lol

3. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

The last throwie is pretty good.

4. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

bump for crits?

5. Abor Rudest

Abor Rudest Senior Member

bleh, entry for the next throw battle
    ai33.tinypic.com_2zyvaj6.jpg

6. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

shitty pic. tryin to keep sketches under 20 min. whats good/bad?
    ai36.tinypic.com_2m5yyy0.jpg

7. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

wellllll...... Maybe it's just me, but waht does it say? Dope, 's' though.

8. thedudeman

thedudeman Senior Member

no need to worry about the time of your sketch.. it isnt important., ive done sketches that took me about 4 or 5 hours (over about a week) dont trip off how fast you are... get your style down, add a few extensions or do whatever, once you feel comfortable and confident then you can try and improve your speed but its just a sketch, speed isnt important

9. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

I agree with Dudeman, don't worry abou time when it comes to sketching, I generally rough out an outline real quick but then spend time refining it otherwise it comes out looking sloppy like the last one I posted

only thing I would say is work on the first letter more is it an E?

here is a throw, I am the first to admit my throws suck and ignore the hands not my normal style and looks like it says AMS lol
    afarm3.static.flickr.com_2464_3940850686_ffbe851ced.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  10. STFUPPERCUT

STFUPPERCUT Senior Member

i dont think your handstyles too too bad, it has soem potential; your throw is really basic but clean just keep working on it, pretty sic kgetting to see soem voer ur painted shit.

maybe try to make the round part of the A and the round part of the S stick out, like make that shit look pregnant.

what did you think about the peice i finished for you, alts?

11. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

Yea it looks good, I would have coloured it differently myself, I think because it is pencil it doesn't pop so much and therer is a limited range of colours but then again I do sometimes go overboard on the colour. I would maybe have gone for greens, browns and beiges like a camo style fill becaues of the Army part

12. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

just keep painting. more practice = better can control and lettter proportions when translating onto a wall. i get the feeling that you do A LOT of bb work, but hardly paint, right? the fastest way to progress is to balance your time in ur book and ur time on a wall

13. STFUPPERCUT

STFUPPERCUT Senior Member

I acutally like it man, work with it i like the style.

true i have a hard time deciding my fills, usually depends on the paint i have or can get. I really like your word tho dude i think if you painted some of those characters shit would look dope. If you ever do any legals be sure to post it up. Im painting a skatepark in my town soon :] its gonna be dope.

14. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

alts, dude i'm stuck at work with no way to upload flicks, but i've been doing alts throws all over my notes. when i get home i'll send a flick or two

15. MaNtS

MaNtS Senior Member

16. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

sorry dude but i personally hate that euro style

17. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

yea I do a hell of a lot of blackbook work, I don't get to paint as much because I have responsibilities (son, wife, work etc) so really only wanna do legal walls with the occasional bit of bombing and there are no legal walls near me so don't get the chance to paint much, although I'm currently in the process of getting a legal wall set up where I live

generally in the past the stuff I have done where I can actually spend sometime on comes out clean but with throws its not like you give it a second thought to cleaning it up etc because well it is just a throw lol

18. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

I don't mind euro style stuff, I do some of it myself but that seems messy, the second one down seems ok tho

19. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

dude just get some wood a built a wall where u reside

20. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

yea i think i might have to do that, only reason i have gone bombing recently is because I have really wanted to paint, got some canvases so gonna do those too