Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Skateboarding Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASEN, Apr 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. thatkidyouknew

thatkidyouknew Elite Member

skating has lost its tuch in my opinion

2. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

yeah dude, its pissing me off too, cuz now thereslike 7th graders running around in like DC hoodies and hats and shoes and all that shit, with their unscratched boards who cant pull an ollie, and dont know the difference between nollie and switch.
    idk, i like SKATE, but i think the game kinda helped everything sell out...

3. BombingSciences Bitch

BombingSciences Bitch Senior Member

I actually have the same problem, my local parks real smal, and when you get 10 kids (of which only a few actually have boards) it gets crowded. And even the kids that actually have skateboards don't even ride them, none of them even ollie, half of them skate mongo, their all wanna be emo's and...their fucking annoying!
    Anyway, kickflip, varial kickflip and frontside flip all learned in one week. Finally, I'm getting better :)

Oh and if anyone's skated London here, let me know of some good STREET spots!

4. PabloESKObar

PabloESKObar Senior Member

I ain't tryna sound like no poser or nuffin, but one of my goals has always been to learn to skateboard. I ain't too good at it, but I don't wanna jus quit or nuffin like that. So uh, anyone got any tips for gettin started?

5. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

Practice hard, spend tons of time on your board, and get a bunch of friends that skate, and spend countless hours with them skating flatground/skateparks. That's gaurenteed to get you going in the right direction.

6. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

and key, is dont be afraid to fall
    cuz if you are, that holds you back and it sucks.

7. Raccoon

Raccoon Member

And tricks don't come in 5 minutes. I mean, sometimes they do, but seriously now, if you're practicing manual combos and stuff, that stuff can take forever man. Just don't get frustrated and snap your deck, because that never gets you ANYwhere, just keep goin bro, and you'll eventually land what you're trying.

8. thatkidyouknew

just go with the flow
    find a nice sized parking lot and get your roll on there
    learn manuals and flip tricks standing still and moving then you can set shit up and learn how to ollie them thats how i started and im glad i took the time to learn all of that shit

9. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

ahhh man, it was fuckin 80 where im at today.
    sooo nice, skated all day longg dude.
    a cool breeze every now n then, so nice, just bombin hills for like 20 minutes just for that rush of air, and i landed the first official BS flip of the spring.
    stoked, that trick just looks dope haha

whats everybody's favorite trick?

i think i gotta say tre's or fuck idk what its called, but its basically a pop shove, and then you grab your tail and spin the board around again, Bam does it a lot, and i wanna learn that one, shit looks nuts.

10. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

11. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

i skateboard but i suck pretty bad
    i've been off and on for years but this year im gonna stick with it all of spring and summer and fall. i'm deffinitely not the type who skates just to say i skate, i dont like tellin people i skate cuz then they find out im horrible and i feel like a jackass lol

12. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

haha, well see thats cool though, atleast youre doin your thing, and not just dressin like a skater, and carrying your board around unscratched, with your shoelaces which arent broken, or torn up on the toe cap hahaha...see thats how you know someone skates.
    but yeah dude, just keep it up, the amount of effort you put into it, is the amount of satisfaction you get out....

13. *cept*

*cept* Senior Member

psssh a sell out? all he is doing with his other projects is allowing himself skate more and have to actually work less. plus all his shows and shit come from his love of movie making. d00d directed most of the cky vids. know your shit before you rip on someone

14. thatkidyouknew

woah woah woah........
    chillio duders
    just got back in from skating good day good day plus i like the fact that i do more because its warm and i spend less time onhere and the internet...
    wont be seeing much of me this summer :p

15. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

south bank by the river thames....and playstaton aka xbox aka studio 60 for a park,..ot dope raff to

16. GraffitiEast2008

GraffitiEast2008 Senior Member

skate in day . bomb at night.. 4 life

17. Proper

Proper Elite Member

I met Rob Dyrdek and Christopher "Big Black" Boykin a couple of months back in Las Vegas.
    They gave me some free apparel, Rogue and BB.
    I sold it on eBay.

18. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

^^thats dope.
    are they as cool as they seem?

19. Proper

Proper Elite Member

Yeah, they were pretty funny and down to earth with me.

My brothers said his friend met them also in Vegas and Black was a dick to him that time though, so I can't really say for sure.

20. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

a tre is a 360 flip.
    Which is my most recent learned trick, ive only landed a few so far but im stoked.