Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. DoMakeSayThink

DoMakeSayThink Senior Member

2. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

Don't make the left side so much smaller than the right, make the top right of the M pop up like the top left, and lose the negative space between the dot of the I and the base.

ai50.tinypic.com_2131wg4.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  3. DoMakeSayThink

DoMakeSayThink Senior Member

4. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  5. Flawless Victory

I don't see what people are hating on, I think that's a dope D.
    Your Ls, however, need work.
    I wouldn't bend them up like you've been doing, it makes them look like backwards Js.

6. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

But backward J is almost an L. Isn't it?

7. Flawless Victory

I'm just not digging it, dude.
    It's your throw though, do what you want with it.

8. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Tried everything with it, probably a bad name. heh...

9. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

i find L's to be the most difficult letter to do a throwy for. just my opinion. but i like what you're doing with it. the first one you posted almost looks like a U tho. honestly its a pretty nice throwy. keep working with it and see what you can do.

10. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

I'm liking this one way more than the stuff on the walls (which btw, you should be smashing with a piece ay.) I like that "L" however the "D" is going nuts, too much going on for my liking there.

11. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

That D is dopee.

Just don't do the swirl in my opinion. And I have no advice for L's.. I fucking suck at L's.

12. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Hey guys thanks :) I really appreciate your comments :)
    And for sofatoner: Im too lame to do a piece, im a bomber haha....:/
    Now, im probably gonna go out and try my new throw on the walls. Probably post pics later :)
    Just a one more little question, which D is better, with a straight line, or with a swirl:?
    [Broken External Image]:http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6628/phpqqjzzham.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  13. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

Straight for sure mate....
    Well, at least keep that spot on lockdown to practice doing pieces ay..... I wish there were places like that near where Im at ay....

14. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

15. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Sofatoner, thanks man, really helped me :) And yea, there are a lot spots like that near me cause i live near really old railway so there a lot abandoned buildings ya know :)
    And Shell, you should post a pic of your throw done with marker, cause i cant see anything now :(

16. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

Laimonel - no worries mate...Im still jealous of your abandoned spots but. If I had somewhere like that then I'd be painting it all the time ay.... But yeh...the straight "D" with the "L" that you were doing should look good...try and do one with a fill (ie: a silver fill with black outline)...It should look pretty decent ay...

Shell - That is terrible....I'm not sure but it looks like you're trying to write "HWIS"... If so, then you need to work on your "I" to make it look like an "I", your "S" is larger than the rest of your letters so you should probably fix this, your "H" is boring....no style going on there mate...
    your "W" is your strongest letter but even that needs tweaking....

Lemme know what you're writing and I will do you a few throwies for you to look at... Im not claiming to be the best but you defo need a bit of help ay.... get back to me and ill get it done mate....

17. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Damn, if i only had some paint :( :( :( Got just a bit of black left for some outlines. :/

18. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

You can always buy paint though...It's a whole lot harder to rack these days than back when Style Wars etc. came out... So don't even trip about that shit ay... But I defo wanna see that throwie with a fill and outline, not just the outline if possible ay mate.

19. Laimonel

Laimonel Member

Yea, in my town there is like the only place to buy paint and its a small shop so there's no way you can rack cause the cashier can see everything. And i dont have money right now though. But when i get my paint, i promise, ill post the flick here for you :D

20. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

sweet.... If ya ever wanna do an exchange mate, im down....but yeh, i look forward to seeing that throwie...