Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

e and the k are intentionally small and thanks

2. BEASTOR

BEASTOR Member

Yo Skadeem, thanks bro. I do like dusty fills too but had time on my hands to do it solid. I like ya K, keep it up bro

3. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Phat - Same problem really. The VE look decent but the other letters fall off. That V is tight. I'd love to see that flare with a can. The e is good still, just kinda awkward because the V's weight is low and the e's weight is high (does that make sense?) the NO connection needs to go. And the M just doesn't work still. It seems like the motion of the throw goes diagonally up starting from the V. Keep at it, homie.

4. 9ToTheOH

9ToTheOH Senior Member

1328141746537.jpg

An attempt

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  5. YorkCro

YorkCro Member

crits on throws :
    IMAG0062.jpg IMAG0063.jpg

6. squakMix

squakMix Member

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]@YorkCro: I have no idea what I'm talking about, so take my comments with a grain of salt. But the one I liked best from your last post was the piece outlined in red at the very bottom of the page. The "K" seems more consistent with the "R" at the end, and the little hat wearing character in the "O" is cool. I would experiment a bit more with the swoop of the "Y" though... I liked the yellow one above better, because the bottom of it is similar to the "K" at the very end of the red outlined one. So if you used the Y from the yellow throwie, and the K from the one outlined in red, I think you'd have a nice symmetry going on.

What I'm about to post is pretty wack, but I'd like some feedback anyway. I'm trying to experiment with something that a non-graffiti writer can instantly read, and that gets away from the bubbly letters that are cliche in throwie letters. I write "etc."

[/FONT] etc1-2.jpg

7. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

8. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Some of you on this thread are missing the entire concept of a throw. Simple, 1-2 line letters with flow. Here's a great example straight outta St. Paul.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00517_20111226_1409cc551f60d792a2987458b557a54324.jpg

@squak - idk what the hell thats supposed to be, but scrap it. Look at the new to graff thread. And stop giving crits.

@gerb - you're going backwards with progress man, I remember when you switched over to Gerb and the throw was pretty good. Now its getting worse everytime you post.

@york - Keep working with your Y, maybe try capital. Otherwise you got the right idea.

9. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

^^not necessarily the best example of "flow"

10. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

You're right. Still got that video of your throw to post up here and show em how its done?

11. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

yes, but i wont lol. cause then people will have the link to my photobucket. And all the people who think i dont do things will see stuff I dont want them to see...

ill leave this here for a few minutes though

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  12. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

13. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

have you gotten better yet?

14. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

I'd like to think so.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00558_20111227_1415d956ada044f417693d83c717eb1626.jpg

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_IMG00564_20111227_14f5be773e931058b4c53e38273879a424.jpg

15. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

make the point part of you m smaller, and that little hump that it turns into larger, dont let the middle lines of E touch your U, and scratch that tiny vertical line you put on your S that starts the bottom. Also, make it bigger, its easiar to learn practical control and line when you make your letters about 4/5 your height because you have more space to work with, then when you want to make it small or different letter sizes/add ons you'll be able to move that hand like its nothing

16. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

17. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

weeerrrrd i hate that fat fuck of a letter sometimes

18. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

dope shit mues

Attached Files:

19. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Nice ^ how big is that? I can't tell from the photo. Thanks for the good looks.

20. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

like 3.5 high by 7 or something. i honestly don't know how long but that was a lil more than half my height