Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tot Characters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by cess!, Feb 12, 2006.

Share This Page

1. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

i have no idea what this kid is even tryin to say...

soki thats a stick figure. i like that you're stayin simple but im not sure how i would even crit that. just keep practicing. maybe try something a little more complicated...but not too complicated. sorry if this doesnt help at all.

felz- it's a decent charac but that can control needs ALOT of work. i know you're new to graf so just try some practice pieces before you start sprayin it up around town. just get a feel for the spray paint first.

bump my shit cause i can

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Edward"Sezer"Hands

Edward"Sezer"Hands Elite Member

yessssssss. thats what i like originality.

3. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  4. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

5. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

PS..
    Spidey's a pimp..

6. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

My school requires me to have some artwork done so im just kinda practicing chracter ideas and shit. What should i do to progress in chracters and faces just i just imagination and trail and error...

8. Felz

Felz Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep practicing.. And yeah, i don't want to go around town spraying before i can make some clean pieces, don't want to be ashamed of my works later.

9. Cyto Aka Son1c

Cyto Aka Son1c Elite Member

10. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

faces are quite simple once you learn the structure. basically the easiest way to get better is to study other artists work and see how they go about constructing things like the nose, eyes, etc. you can learn how to best illistrate ther differences in say a female face and a male face (there are many differences between the two). even studying things like disney animations can help. the main problem i see in peoples early characters are there are too many uneccessay lines that add nothing but confusion. the only thing that this many lines is helpful for is drawing older faces. the younger a person your drawing is the less detail they should have in the face. just keep is simple and you'll figure out the rest as you go.

a more difficult path is to study the actual face. granted this takes much more time and practice but you learn a lot more.

sorry for the book i jsut typed but i hope this helps.

11. prefer

prefer Banned

faces are easy once you learn the structure but learning the structure can be a bitch, i know its lame but i draw anime call me gay

12. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

ok...you're gay. :p digging that atesk shit for sure. you better color that rocket man.
    p.s. can i gets some crts? ^^^^^^

13. prefer

prefer Banned

post up homie for anyone that wonders yes i do draw and paint quite a bit

14. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

15. prefer

prefer Banned

the first one looks pretty good man, the only things i would change are the bottom ones eyes, they kind of look like sake eyes not human eyes, you have good concepts of portrait creating however your body proportions for the first one are a bit off, you should'nt have the shoulders end so soon becuase he is a male and mails tend to have broader shoulders than females, also in the first and second but more in the first, your character could use some shading especially in the eye orafaces and throughout the body and a face, if your seriouys about getting more into realistic drawing i suggest you take a realuism class there they will teach you basic and comlex techniques that have to do with shading proportions all of that, they teach you with charcoal and different shaded pencils, i took ione years back and it helped me tremendously wth drawing all kinds of thuings, tjhre techniques once you learn you really will never forget but yeah those are my crits for now

16. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

those look too napoleon dynamite... make them more cartoony unless u can draw realistic proportions u know what i mean? its way harder to draw a human than a made up being, try drawing a human hand then drawing a "simpson's" hand... what im sayin is id like to see a cartoony punk, itd fit in with graff more

i didnt see prefers post before i posted this lol, ditto on the proportions though

17. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

well im trying to get better at real drawing. i want to be able to draw stuff like this :
    View attachment 540911
    shading isnt as important to me as shadow would be and depth would be.

18. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

damn lol thats gonna be a pain in the ass to learn.... but all it is is a clean outline, if u can get proportions right on the outline u can fill it however u want like in that pic, that shits hardass but its more tattoo art than graffiti

19. prefer

prefer Banned

learn line work man, youll never be able to do that stuff if you dont practice line work and drawing realistic drawings, shading and depth are like cousins you need one to have the other.

20. prefer

prefer Banned

eh if you draw a shitload it shouldnt be that hard to get to that level but you do need patience and perseverance:D